We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

GREAT, a store with developed products but without developers and support.!!!!! | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Rob
Rob Jan 25 '19
What is the use to keep the store, if products are placed without support.?
Developers do not walk away from Oxwall, but they RUN away from Oxwall.
A developer who always answers questions (at least our questions) and gives very good support to his customers (at least to us), gets negative reviews from non buyers and no support from the "team" (whoever that may be) and also runs away.!

Perfect management, to manage a store in this way.!!!!

With best regards,

Rob

Sumate
Sumate Jan 25 '19

Hello Rob, there are many developers who are active and answer the questions to their users or clients as you want to call them. I could mention some but I would not like to leave anyone out. It is true that there are some very bad and incactivos.Eso is something such Once the team should look and remove plugins inactive developers. But this brings some problems, for example there may be several sites that have these plugins in operation. It is somewhat complicated.

This is just my opinion, I respect yours.

Have a nice day.

Rob
Rob Jan 25 '19

Hi Sumate,

My remarks or comments are in principle in general about the store.
We do not mention names either, but assume that we regularly encounter the fact that we have bought something which unfortunately causes problems but can not or will not be resolved because the developer just does not respond.
That a developer is very busy, that we can understand but at least an answer in which we say that we can think about it.
As far as the store is concerned, we believe Oxwall or Skalfa should take action, but we are not really aware of who belongs to that team.

In our view, they could take over and manage the products.?

We respect everyone's opion.!

With regards,

Rob

Admiraliteit Imedia

Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Jan 25 '19
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Jan 25 '19

Hi all,

we always encourage developers to provide support, but we can't force them to do it. Oxwall Store is the marketplace only which provides the ability to sell items for developers and to buy them for users. We don't have the possibility to refund the paid amounts as payments are processed by PayPal. If an item does not work and the developer does not provide support, you are free to report this case to PayPal and request a refund.

We already thought about suspending no longer supported items, so that they are no longer available to buy but can still be used on active sites. We need to discuss this further.

The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Germany Jan 25 '19
Rob
Rob Jan 25 '19

Dear Oxwall teammember Germany,

We do not ask for our money back, because we realize that only we are responsible for our purchases and that it is our own decision to purchase a product.!
What irritates us is that developers just get away with it that they can place products in a store of which Oxwall is the owner.!
These developers would certainly have to enter into a kind of agreement with Oxwall, that if one offers a product for sale that also includes support, regardless of what.
And as the owner of a store we think you are entitled to demand that from the sellers.!

What we find even more annoying is that good developers are running away from Oxwall because they are being worked against, and they are precisely the developers who do answer questions.!

But, perhaps we are the only one in it.!

We are satisfied with the basic software of Oxwall, although it could very quickly be used to update it in the near future, think of PWA.?

With the best regards,

Rob

Admiraliteit Imedia

AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 26 '19
You have access to the Latest PWA plugin from me, at discounted price, and you never respond when I am available for support.

The latest updates with Workbox fix nearly all issues, if you are still experiencing issues, you haven't updated your plugin and / or your service worker.

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Jan 26 '19
Rob
Rob Jan 26 '19
ViXiv Technologies if your answer concerns us, then you are a bit wrong about us.!
We have sent you a personal message about this.!
We appreciate your work and support enormously, and we find it extremely annoying that you are not appreciated by others.
Developing plugins takes time and time of course is money.
That you have to pay for plugins / themes, that is quite logical and you will not hear any complains about this.

Perhaps our English grammar is not good, for that we let our text be translated by Google Translate.

With regards,

Rob

Admiraliteit Imedia

Alex
Alex Jan 28 '19

Plugins that are left without support should be transferred to free. Pay and then throw out the plugin because there is no support is very bad.

If there is no plugin support for more than a month, then the plugin can be considered abandoned and cannot be sold for money.

If the oxwall team does not take action to combat such developers, then they are accomplices as the plugins are sold in the oxwall store.

AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 28 '19
Because developers are robots and don't have lives.................
AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 28 '19
How about this policy?

When a developer responds to support questions twenty times with no answer, those clients are no longer allowed to request support?
Rob
Rob Jan 29 '19

Hello everyone,

Maybe we should put all negativity aside.

Treat each other with respect and indeed realize that everyone also has a private life.!

It has to be seen which developer has his plugins/themes still in the store but has not been active for a long time.

By being active I mean, for example, that there are no more updates to be released but also whether this developer answers the forum topics of their product.!

If this developer is no longer active, then it should be addressed by the owner of the store.

What emerges from that conversation is always the question.

But I do see it as the responsibility of the owner of the store.!

Furthermore, I also think that Oxwall also needs to update their base platform, I have heard that it would happen in the middle of 2019, but we have heard for a long time that they are working on it.

Is it not the intention that Oxwall/Skalfa and the developers work together to create a good total package.?

But again, maybe I see it all wrong as a buyer.

And ViXiV Technologies, I appreciate that what you do and what you want to achieve plus this appreciation is also for the other developers who always help me tremendously well.!But, I also suffer from a number of unresponsive developers and these should be addressed by the store owner.You are not the owner of a website / store for nothing.!!!!

With regards,

Rob

Admiraliteit Imedia

The Forum post is edited by Rob Jan 29 '19
Morena Milani
Morena Milani Jan 29 '19
Quote from Rob

Hello everyone,

Maybe we should put all negativity aside.

Treat each other with respect and indeed realize that everyone also has a private life.!

It has to be seen which developer has his plugins/themes still in the store but has not been active for a long time.

By being active I mean, for example, that there are no more updates to be released but also whether this developer answers the forum topics of their product.!

If this developer is no longer active, then it should be addressed by the owner of the store.

What emerges from that conversation is always the question.

But I do see it as the responsibility of the owner of the store.!

Furthermore, I also think that Oxwall also needs to update their base platform, I have heard that it would happen in the middle of 2019, but we have heard for a long time that they are working on it.

Is it not the intention that Oxwall/Skalfa and the developers work together to create a good total package.?

But again, maybe I see it all wrong as a buyer.

And ViXiV Technologies, I appreciate that what you do and what you want to achieve plus this appreciation is also for the other developers who always help me tremendously well.!But, I also suffer from a number of unresponsive developers and these should be addressed by the store owner.You are not the owner of a website / store for nothing.!!!!

With regards,

Rob

Admiraliteit Imedia

Report the Aron developer who is no longer active on Oxwall since August 20th, 2017. You do not buy anything anymore because you will no longer have support. 
Rob
Rob Jan 29 '19
I'm afraid Morena, that Aron is not the only one.!

With regards,

Rob

Admiraliteit Imedia

AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 30 '19
See if they are willing to release the plugin to another developer?
Alex
Alex Jan 30 '19
There is still such a situation when, before buying a plugin, you ask the developer a question about how to add some function and the developer responds that he will add this function after the next update, and after you buy the plugin of this function it may not be at all.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Feb 2 '19
yes i see that many times when read plugin forums....i do that in next update.....nothing happens after that words....it is better they say they have no time OR i can do it if you pay me some extra money
Quote from Alex There is still such a situation when, before buying a plugin, you ask the developer a question about how to add some function and the developer responds that he will add this function after the next update, and after you buy the plugin of this function it may not be at all.

ArtMedia
ArtMedia Feb 3 '19
I write "i do that in next update", if you want new functionality, i correct bugs very often. Why, because if i create plugin, then i set price 20$, but i spend 5 hours on creating plugin (5h x40$ = 200$), i dont set price to 200$, because nobody buy plugin, so when i sell 10 licenses i can think about adding new functionality to my plugins.