We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

does not send emails, mailing not working | Forum

sezar
sezar May 3 '19
the software does not send emails, mailing not working, i set cron job still not working...
Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany May 3 '19
Topic was moved from General Questions.
sezar
sezar May 4 '19
any help guys please
sezar
sezar May 4 '19
is the path is to php.ini for cron job or i'm doing something wrong
sezar
sezar May 4 '19

ok i knew where the php file, when i try to set cron it says

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'class' (T_CLASS), expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or '{' or '$' in /home/mysite/public_html/ow_core/singleton.php on line 13

sezar
sezar May 4 '19
someone help please
sezar
sezar May 5 '19
you build, and we try to grow!
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla May 5 '19
To fix this type of problems you have to be able to access your website by FTP and the database from the control panel of the server and look at it, I can look at it if you provide me the access data by private message
sezar
sezar May 6 '19
i can't give you access sorry, any other suggestion ?
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla May 6 '19

I would not have charged you anything because it does not seem like a difficult problem, it must be a cron configuration problem, some corrupted database table, or a PHP version higher than 7.0 ...

But now you know what you have to do.

Pay one of the many that are offered here for their professional services.

They will also ask you for access information, you can not fix a car if you do not open the doors.

Good luck.

sezar
sezar May 6 '19

thank you for trying to help Patricia Zorrilla Bcn

i'm trying to grow big with this oxwall software and i don't mind sharing my access info with official oxwall team, i searched the forum and some people mentioned php must be higher than 5.4 i tried 5.5 and 5.6 and 7.0 nothing fixed the issue

sezar
sezar May 6 '19
it's sure it's simple issue, no plugins, i did not change any files since my first fresh install
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla May 6 '19

My advice is to use PHP 5.6x which is compatible with everything.

The advantages that the most recent versions bring are not used in any plugin or in the OxWall kernel, and there is a long list of things that in 7.0 generate warnings and in 7.1 and 7.2 they have been promoted to errors.

If there is an increase in speed in 7.0 but it is not noticeable in our case, since what slows down the most is queries to the database and the transmission of graphics over the internet.

It does not compensate to use 7.0, it will have scattered errors by the web difficult to look for and to solve.

I'm doing a chess plugin that I have almost ready, there is a lot of note ... because it is 99.99% calculation. 

sezar
sezar May 9 '19

Quote from Patricia Zorrilla Bcn

My advice is to use PHP 5.6x which is compatible with everything.

The advantages that the most recent versions bring are not used in any plugin or in the OxWall kernel, and there is a long list of things that in 7.0 generate warnings and in 7.1 and 7.2 they have been promoted to errors.

If there is an increase in speed in 7.0 but it is not noticeable in our case, since what slows down the most is queries to the database and the transmission of graphics over the internet.

It does not compensate to use 7.0, it will have scattered errors by the web difficult to look for and to solve.

I'm doing a chess plugin that I have almost ready, there is a lot of note ... because it is 99.99% calculation. 

i use Centos,7 1 simple question where is the php file location? and it's name? that the cron job needs?
sezar
sezar May 9 '19
i meant one question by number 1
The Forum post is edited by sezar May 9 '19
sezar
sezar May 9 '19
also i tried to use SMTP and put the right info, but it doesn't work, when i click on test, it keeps loading and nothing happens.
Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye May 9 '19

Check SMT information.

Check mod_sec status on your server

Please allow PHP and check the version.

Check your Cron settings.

Please send your log as PM,

Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer May 9 '19
Attach this 2 files "ow_log/cron_error.log" and "ow_log/error.log". Lets see what is happening and I will try to help you fix it.

Senior Developer.

sezar
sezar May 11 '19

Quote from Senior Developer Attach this 2 files "ow_log/cron_error.log" and "ow_log/error.log". Lets see what is happening and I will try to help you fix it.

Senior Developer.

thank you, i fixed it, i used the command curl from oxwall wiki and it worked