We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

[solved] | Forum

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 4 '19
Hello

How can i remove the "paypal logo and button" with css or inside the paypal plugin?

I want only paypal visible for my mobile members and hide for desktop users?

please look screenshot provided

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost May 12 '19
Attachments:
  paypal 2.png (115Kb)
JB TECH
JB TECH May 4 '19

To do it with CSS, you need to use Media Queries. They change styles based on either a viewport's given property you define or a device's given property. Usually uses max-width.

Here's examples: https://gist.github.com/gokulkrishh/242e68d1ee94ad05f488

Basically, in all normal CSS you would take the class of the PayPal element, use display: hidden; and then in the media queries for mobile devices, display: block;

Note, however, that that is just a CSS way of doing it and won't actually remove the hardcode of that element from the page.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 4 '19
Thanks ,but what i looking for is a finished css code to apply or short guide what to remove in the paypal plugin folder.

i not a coder but i understand some folders are just for desktop and some are just for mobile so for a skilled developer this would bee very easy to solve i guess...

what i look for is a finished css code solution to apply or what code i need remove inside the paypal plugin folder

i can not find the class for only the paypal element because there is some $0 given to next element....i not sure how it works...but i sure you can give me correct css code to apply :)

Thanks

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost May 4 '19
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 6 '19
anyone want to help me?

Thanks

ArtMedia
ArtMedia May 6 '19
but you want to be visible on mobile apps or mobile version site?
JB TECH
JB TECH May 6 '19

Ghost,

I can't give you the code because I don't have access to that plugin and I do not know what elements it uses in HTML or what styles it has.

dave Leader
dave May 6 '19
You can modify the paypal button from within paypal and use your own custom button.  

What i would do is use two dif buttons, so youll have two dif button codes in paypal, one for normal and one for mobile.   Then you can use your own button image or no button image for the pc and keep the image for the mobile.   That should do the trick, just be sure you go into your mobile plugin code and change the paypal button code to reflect the button ID for the mobile version you set up in paypal. 

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 6 '19

Quote from ArtMedia but you want to be visible on mobile apps or mobile version site?
visible on oxwall built in mobile site only.....not visible for desktop users
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 6 '19

Quote from JB TECH

Ghost,

I can't give you the code because I don't have access to that plugin and I do not know what elements it uses in HTML or what styles it has.

ok no problem thanks anyway JB
The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost May 6 '19
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 6 '19

Quote from dave You can modify the paypal button from within paypal and use your own custom button.  

What i would do is use two dif buttons, so youll have two dif button codes in paypal, one for normal and one for mobile.   Then you can use your own button image or no button image for the pc and keep the image for the mobile.   That should do the trick, just be sure you go into your mobile plugin code and change the paypal button code to reflect the button ID for the mobile version you set up in paypal. 

hmmm not sure if i understand ....i usely understand everything what you say dave, but this time i confused ....i need to hide the desktop payment html element same as JB Tech was suggest but he could not give me a finished css code for that because he not use paypal if i was understand correct...and i try find this class and elemnt but it makes me confused because each element get a value when you add a new payment so i not sure how to hide it...i think hard coded 

but i just guess now is there nothing in the init file that install this elemnt on that desktop html page when install the plugin that i could remove?

hmmm...interesting...many really good experts here could help me out ....at least i hope so :)

logical all payments plugin should have some code that add elements on this desktop page....and i want stop the plugin add this button and paypal icon on desktop but only on desktop not on mobile version

paypal mobile version i want still working as normal

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost May 6 '19
Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany May 6 '19
Topic was moved from General Questions.
dave Leader
dave May 6 '19

My previous reply assumed you were using your own paypal button code from your own paypal account, i guess i assumed wrong.

Lets start at the beginning, you want to hide the paypal button on desktop only i understand that, can you tell me why you want to hide it, that might open up some options for you. 
The Forum post is edited by dave May 6 '19
Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye May 6 '19
thema: base.css

.imagepaypal {display: hidden;}

thema: Mobil: base.css

.imagepaypal {display: block;}

Paypal images uri way ! url router dont know> Plugin/static/imgas/imagepaypal router

dave Leader
dave May 6 '19
Thanks OT, nice job.... :)  i figured there would be a fancy CSS that would do the trick... 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 7 '19
but that css would only hide the paypal image not the paypal button ?

i can hide the entire element with all payments solutions with css (done and working)

BUT i not want that i just want hide the paypal image and the paypal button

i have "inspect" the entire element and i can see it is a "class" and i can hide that class with css but i can not hide only the paypal "label"

maybe someone can solve this?

thank you

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost May 7 '19
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 7 '19
ArtMedia or any developer

do you know how?

i feel this is a easy modification for a skilled oxwall plugin developer, but i can bee wrong

Thanks

Ow-ghost

dave Leader
dave May 7 '19
I think the complicated part is that if there is no specific class just for the image and button then it would be a complicated level 3 type css code for which i dont know.  CSS is very powerful and i know some around here can do amazing things with it and im talking more than just the average stuff we see day to day, it can do much more than that.   But i am not so good with CSS so i would not know.   

Which keeps me wanting to ask the original question, why do you want to hide the paypal button and image but leave the paypal process?   If you can tell us that then maybe there is another way to do this.   

Are you trying to force users to use only mobile to make purchases?

The Forum post is edited by dave May 7 '19
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 7 '19

the "view" folder what is included in that plugin folder?

question is where the plugin add the html code for that phurcase page ? if i can delete that html code then the problem is solved

should not the init file include something that add on install this payment element same as a widget do on dasbord or index page? and every payment element i see get a value added. my paypal element have now been granted $0 and probably if i was add another payment gateway the new html element would get $1
or im wrong?

Dave i can not answer that question that you want to know and even if i did answer that question it would not help anything in this case....

Dave i agree with you that this maybe not easy to solve with CSS but i think you skilled enough to point me to right place where i should look inside the plugin at least.
because it is a VIEW issue not a alghoritm problem

thanks for the help so far...i will give a try dive inside the plugin and try understand where it grants this element...but it would bee much easier with some help :)

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 7 '19
hmm interesting.....i guess the paypal plugin is trigger membership plugin to add a new phurcase element,,,,so where do i find this trigger?

but what about mobile version? what is trigger to input a element on mobile version

mobile version has it own folder

i think im on the right track.....but i do not know the right place for this

i give up for today looking inside the paypal plugin

i think CSS can solve it to....but complicated.....

dave Leader
dave May 7 '19
The HTML could be created in a php file - stored in a var name and then passed to the view HTML file via the assign() command. 

If that is the case it would look something like this in the php file:

$value = "whatever html code";  //set the php var

$this->assign("value", $value); // assigns the smarty var using the php var (the first one is the smarty var)

and then in the HTML file it might be something like this: 

{$value}  //brackets in html is for smarty 

which would parse the html code inside it. 

so if that is what they did was to set the html code in the php file look for something like that.  The other thing is to check the js, they could have set the parse code in the js as well. 

The Forum post is edited by dave May 7 '19
Pages: 1 2 »