We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Facebook users | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Nov 1 '12
Is it possible for the facebook login users to log into their account using their usernames?

I mean can the users who signed up using facebook login, log into their account using their mail id or username and password diresctly int my website?

JB TECH
JB TECH Nov 1 '12
I don't think so. The join/login forms are different for Oxwall as where Facebook connect uses external api from developers.facebook.com to add user data to your site. So they'd have to click facebook connect to log in from there on out. You can offer the ability for users to sync their facebook account though
Alia Team
Alia Nov 2 '12
Nirmalya, Jake is right. It is impossible.
Michael
Michael Nov 2 '12
As far as I am aware one of our users joined with there facebook account, when they hove over there name the url shows there username. They say they can reset there password and login with there username.
Alia Team
Alia Nov 4 '12
Michael, you are right. In case the user resets the passwords he will be able to log in using regular sign in form. But until the pass is not reset, it is impossible.