We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Bug when searching for users | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Michael
Michael Nov 2 '12
When I got to the "members" section of our oxwall site and search for something general like "male" or "female" it caps the results off at 570 instead of showing all results. When you click the "latest" members tab under the "members" section that is correct and shows all 4500+ members. Why are the results capped at 570? is it a bug? does anyone know how to change or increase the amount of results it shows?

Michael
Michael Nov 2 '12
I just noticed it does it on the oxwall demo site as well.

Does anyone know how I would increase the amount of results?
Alia Team
Alia Nov 6 '12
Michael, thank you for the report. I will check with developers. Will keep you posted.
Michael
Michael Nov 6 '12
Thank you, if you find out how to do it can you tell me as well as potentially adding it to the next update. My members are moaning you see lol bless em :p

Oh and thanks Aliia :)
bobby
bobby Nov 6 '12
my search works
The Forum post is edited by bobby Nov 6 '12
Attachments:
  search.avi (316.5Kb)
Alia Team
Alia Nov 6 '12
Michael, has "gender" field been alway "required" on your site? Can you also give your site URL? 
Michael
Michael Nov 7 '12
Hi Aliia, the gender field has always been a requirement and the site url is kikcommunity.com
Michael
Michael Nov 7 '12
Also we receive around 150-200 new members a day, the search results dont change and still shows roughly 570 members i.e 30 users per page and 17 pages appear.

Thanks again for looking into this
Alia Team
Alia Nov 9 '12
Michael, you can change this here: {oxwall_dir}/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/search_service.php

const USER_LIST_SIZE = 500;

Change 500 to larger number.
Michael
Michael Nov 9 '12
Many thanks :)