We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Skalfa LLC - Credits Plugin - I do not understand - User Credits | Forum

dave Leader
dave Jun 23 '19
First here is the UserCredits (UC) plugin link: 

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/53

First let me explain why i am doing this message in the first place.  It is not because i am looking for a fight, it not because i disrespect or dislike Skalfa LLC in any way, and it is not because i dont appreciate all they did to help me in my early days here on the forum.  

They helped me alot in my early days here and that is still very appreciated and i hate to have to take this tone with them but sometimes it has to be done in cases like this.  It does not mean i think less of them, it only means that i dont understand why.

However when there is a bone to be picked its better to just come right out and talk about it.  And why am i doing so in a public forum for all eyes, there are two reasons.  First because Skalfa stopped replying to my messages over a year ago, and two because what i am about to talk about is so wrong that it needs to be discussed in an open forum. 

Now to the point:  All this time i have been thinking that the credits plugin at $99 bucks was this super duper, fancy, all involved, magnificent work of art with all kinds of bells, whistles, and features.  Well i was wrong!

First of all its just a basic listener and point exchange with the DB, thats all it is, it does not even have an integrated payment gateway to purchase credits. 

It is by far much smaller in coding and total files than many of the other plugins i have seen, and it is by far much much less in those respects to two of my own plugins Ostore and UltimateVideo to be exact.  Both of those plugins are huge compared to the UC plugin, but 1/2 of the price.

But i am not here to really speak of how to sell a plugin or what to charge for it, everyone has their own way of running their business and i have no say so in that factor.  But i do have an opinion but most of the time i keep that to myself because its none of my business. 

However in this case i must say something.... Skalfa, why would you charge such an exhorbitant amount  for a plugin that is so simple.  You can set your prices however you wish, but when you do something like this which is out of wack it reflects on all of us developers.  

I am not a price gouger, i ask a fair price for a good product and look at the long performance return, i also consider the environment i am in.  If this was an environment like prestashop then sure i would charge more because those users can afford to pay what the plugin is really worth in the real world. 

But here in this environment users just cant afford real world prices so we have to tone down our prices to get the sales.   Now i am beginning to understand why users have such a distaste for oxwall developers when they pull stunts like this. It makes the rest of us look like we are selling garbage at our prices and some are, but i am not.  

If this plugin is really worth that then some of my plugins are worth $500. Why Skalfa would you pretty much make us all look bad by charging a price like that for such a simple plugin.  

I just dont understand why you would want to gouge oxwall users so much for such a simple plugin.   

As i said i am upset at the action, not the person or the company.  I hope that you can reply and help me and others understand the reason for this.  If there is a reason then i am all ears...

Thanks for your time..

Dave :)

The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 23 '19
Catkin
Catkin Jun 24 '19
Agreed there Dave, Skaffa charge quite the buck for their plugins which as you say is a shame and closes out a lot of new "Oxwallers" from picking up the platform.

Also it seems that no support is given by the original Devs anymore so it's unlikely anything will change!

Your a pillar of this community Dave, I salute you!

Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Jun 24 '19
Topic was moved from General Chat.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 26 '19

New strategy from skalfa:

skalfa is no longer support they customers they support oxwall not they own software. skadate customers like me need then to ask plugin developers like "vipdev" for a quote for have it work with PWA,android,IOS 

and the fun not stops there

the PWA,Andoid,IOS already have this tinder card feature so there is not big modifications involved and they could give us skadate users this feature for free to download but they diecide target oxwall users and let skadate users pay them for have it working on they own software

I have send them ticket that im out from skadate and will no more support them with money

if they going to handle me like im stupid or something

i want to put my ideas on a oxwall fork and help them....i hope soon someone will have PWA ready so i soon can leave skadate.....they way try get money is not a good way

i have no problem pay for me...but to pay 3 times for get a skadate feature will never happens and they are dreaming in the clouds how to get more money

Ow-ghost

You do not have permission to reply this topic