We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Chat limit plug-in | Forum

Marcus
Marcus Jul 26 '19
I think it's very anoying when you in chat with someone and others are trying to chat with you and you get popup after popup.

Could someone create a pluging that will behave like this. 

On click chat now button the recipient will get notification like add friend pluging does. Notification will say user blah wants to chat with you accept or reject. 

Or limit the amount of consecutive chats to one. When someone clicks chat now notification will popup saying opps sorry the users is on chat with someone else please leave a message and use send message firm to send message. 
Rob
Rob Jul 26 '19
Or perhaps instead of the "Chat now" message "Busy".?
Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Jul 26 '19
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Marcus
Marcus Jul 26 '19
Rob that's a good idea too
dave Leader
dave Jul 27 '19
If you are going to limit chat then i suggest just limit it with no chat messages.  The reason is that you will end up trying to read a ton of messages left for you in chat and you might as well have just answered then at the time.  

Now you could say something like,  Sorry unable to chat at this time, if important please leave me a mail message.   You would still have to check messages but you would not have a ton of popups to check.

Also someone might be trying to contact you on chat to report a serious site violation (as in something illegal) , so you need to take that into conseration as well.  

Marcus
Marcus Jul 27 '19
Thanks guys. How can I at least stop the pop-ups and simply notify user when someone sends them a new chat message.

The other really useless thing is to be able to chat simultaneously through messages conversation and the pop-up. The pop up chat should remain hidden on messages conversations. 
The Forum post is edited by Marcus Jul 27 '19
dave Leader
dave Jul 27 '19
You can remove the chat feature i believe in the mail plugin settings in admin, just uncheck chat feature.   It might be called messages, i dont remember what the plugin name is. 
The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 27 '19
Marcus
Marcus Jul 27 '19
Thanks guys. Let me explain. Site.com/messages let's you pull up and reply to conversations both messages and chats right. If you are viewing chat conversation with the user x and it just so happens that the same user x sends you a chat message at that particular moment the pupup should remain hidden and only conversation should be updated.
The Forum post is edited by Marcus Jul 27 '19
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Jul 27 '19
I'm not really sure if this is what you are looking for. I didn't test it either.

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1372

Senior Developer.

Marcus
Marcus Jul 27 '19
Not exactly but it will do just fine. Its on my to buy list. 
Marcus
Marcus Jul 27 '19
How can I check wheater the user is on chat with someone? 
dave Leader
dave Aug 7 '19
Other than in the DB you cant that i know of. 
Marcus
Marcus Aug 7 '19
Thanks Dave for now gonna stop pesuing this idea
dave Leader
dave Aug 7 '19
We could always just set up code that after 15 chat messages it displays 

Ahhhhhh ShadUPPP !!!     lol hee hee 

abel
abel Nov 16 '22

This is really instructional material drift hunters and written well for an adjustment. It's nice to see that some individuals still comprehend exactly how to write a top quality post

Kenneth Parkes
Kenneth Parkes Nov 16 '22
Is Amp a better solution then How to Break a Fever Fast: The Most Effective Methods please explain for me the best one of this two? I think AMP is hard to convert to a android app.