We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Support for Text boxes? - Anti Spam, Anti Bots Killer | Forum

Matthias
Matthias Aug 7 '19
Hello Senior Developer,

this is a popular plugin and it really helped my site so thank you again. I was wondering about your roadmap for new features?

Most of all, I would love to see a support for text-boxes. So the plugin checks the manually entered text by the users for their profile. It would be great if the tool could also report this so we admins can moderate these entries. 

Let us know what you think, thank you

Matthias

Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Aug 28 '19
New feature added:

When the user adds a banned word into the profile questions, he will be auto flagged.

When the user adds a  link into the profile questions, he won't be able to save or sign up, they need to write real text instead of links to be able to sign up.

Please read the Changelog topic to see all the changes.

Senior Developer.

Matthias
Matthias Aug 29 '19
Hi Senior Developer,

what a great News, thank you for making this plugin better and better!

I tested it today on my test-setup and have 2 questions: 

1) Banned words in profile questions

This works only for new accounts, so when a new user registers and uses a forbidden word. However, it does not show the already existing accounts that use forbidden words. 

Can this be added so the plugin also checks already existing accounts?

2) Localization

When using a Link during registration, you automatically get blocked, but the message the user gets reads:

botsblocker+external_links_locked

I tried to find this language-string so I can give a proper reason and translate it to other languages. However I can´t find it, even in the missing strings? Can you tell me where to find and edit it for differente languages?

That´s it for now what I have found. Thank you again for the great update!

Matthias

Matthias
Matthias Sep 9 '19
I figured out nr 2 with the missing translation, it was an error in my setup so it should work for everyone else ;) 

Still interested in Topic 1 tough. 

Thank you

Matthias

You do not have permission to reply this topic