We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Titles General Widgets | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Rob
Rob Aug 9 '19
We also use Chamial, only as an update with the Oxwall as the basic.
Norias
Norias Aug 9 '19
ok 

Have you tried searching the text you put in the widget title while using "customise this page" ("The latest news") in all the database ?

If you don't have it in database, and not in language translation, i don't know where it's stored !

Rob
Rob Aug 9 '19

At the moment our findings with regard to translations are that with a new installation of Oxwall and 2 active languages active, at the database "index-NEWSFEED_CMP_SiteFeedWidget" does not occur.

Could this mean that we can delete these lines / files in the database on the other websites.?

With regards,

Admiraliteit Imedia

Norias
Norias Aug 9 '19
Sorry, i can not say yes because i don't know. I can just say that if this entries are not used, they are not disturnbing anything so you can let them.

Deleting the line with "title" allows me (on chamial and oxwall) to use the language keys instead of the text in the widget. So i was thinking it could be the same for you. But if you don't have this in your database, i don't know where it is stored.
I tested on demo.oxwall.com: changing the title with "customise this page" overwrite the key 'newsfeed+widget_feed_title'. 

Please try searching the text you put in the widget title with 'customise this page' in the whole database. For easy search, put a unique uncommon word. What are the tables contaning this word, if you have some ?

Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Aug 9 '19

Rob PM can make a connection by providing a quick control of the imaging. I can provide verification for the problem.

Appendix: Some friends may not allow connection, in which case please try changing the custom connection field. Make sure that the common language structure is provided in the rar. A processed language will look different in each language. On the contrary, every possibility means that there is an error. In this case, the contents may need to be understood by performing several tests.

Rob
Rob Aug 10 '19
Sorry Oxwall Turkey, but we do not fully understand what you mean.
Rob
Rob Aug 11 '19
Is there anyone who knows how to reverse the problem.?

It is suddenly so quiet here on this forum topic.

With regards,

Admiraliteit Imedia

dave Leader
dave Aug 11 '19

the value is stored in two places in the db

ow_base_component_place_cache 

and 

ow_base_component_setting

I dont believe your going to be able to manually do this per language without a plugin to do it for you.  You will need to check the lang value and then grab the db values accordingly via a plugin and then display the lang key.

You cant just change the db values because it effects everyone on the site, so the display value will need to come from a plugin.

All the component db service files are in ow_system_plugins/base/bol      I looked at some of the code, it appears that it grabs the array values as a whole and not as a individual valued item.  In otherwords it does not grab just title, it grabs the whole array and displays it where it needs to be by a field called name.

Im still looking to see if it isolates the title value somewhere or just displays the whole record as is.  

not tested but i think this is the file the displays that widget, its all done dynamic not static so youll have to see what you can do about doing a mod. 

ox_system_pluings/base/decorators/box_cap.html

hope that helps. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 11 '19
Rob
Rob Aug 12 '19

Thank you so much Dave for thinking along with us.

We don't change anything at all, because we are too inexperienced for that.

It is of course not a big problem, because all our websites have the .nl domain extension, so one has to know that it is a Dutch website.

But because there is more and more registration from outside the Netherlands, we thought that we would have a language next to it so that these visitors / members can also read the website.

Many thanks people for thinking along with us, and we continue to hope that there will be a developer who can solve or correct this problem.

Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Aug 12 '19

My friend, you have to understand.

We should never forget that not every person should be trusted. But sometimes there are exceptions for some people.

Now let's get to the topic you don't understand.

Some things can be solved with a few simple changes, but it is important to do so. We help people who cannot do this by providing specific information. (Don't let everyone)

As I said, there may be a simple solution for those who know, for someone who doesn't, things are hard to solve. Sometimes typing help can prolong jobs, and you may not get help during the active session. You can get private help with the person who can help. Everyone here has time for their own business. But our friends who have time for exception add answers to forum topics. What you need to do is to tell the contents of the kernel by writing it to you. The problem is a small error can kill the whole system. Some situations may not return.

Please check the activity history of people requesting access using your information in private messages to help. Don't provide login information to people you don't trust. The ideal people are the people who are constantly responding to the forums and from the developer attachment.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 12 '19
Oxwall Türkiye

The websites (URLs) you share in your profile is not working. is the a reason you share this website with broken links? :) sorry i was just curious about you websites :)

ww.sosyallift.co what is that? you need to overview you profile my friend and update your URLs. i think something very wrong or someone have steel you profile account ...hehe

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 12 '19
Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Aug 12 '19

yes I have added these addresses on purpose,

I guess this is because the site addresses are listed through oxwall.

I had to do this to understand the status of spam memberships. In fact, I want to observe for a period of 3 months.

I will tell you my address privately

beyondherd
beyondherd Jan 8
Facing the same issues of titles buttons on my website: Mini C Arm . Let me know if you got the solution for this. Thanks. It would be really helpful for my website.
Pages: « 1 2