We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Licence Keys??? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Peter
Peter Aug 12 '19
Good afternoon

I have a problem with 2 plugins that I have purchased.  They worked for a while and now decided to come up with the "invalid licence" crap

First I contacted the developer regarding this who then after a while emailed me back just saying - contact oxwall

Do anyone know what steps I need to take as im lost???

Many thanks

The Forum post is edited by Peter Aug 12 '19
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Aug 12 '19

Please clearly mention what plugins they are.

So the OxWall team can help you and you don't put all the developers in the same bin.

Because some of us give honest support and we have nothing to do with developers who do not do so or do not remove their products from the store.

Peter
Peter Aug 12 '19
Sorry about that 

The plugins that I have the issue with are

Password Strength Meter

Private Albums

When I first installed these on my site they worked perfect and I was informed by one of my site members that the feature had disappeared 

No other site alterations have been made after the plugins were installed

many thanks

JB TECH
JB TECH Aug 12 '19

Try going into your purchases and clicking "reset ip." If a server updates or anything related to dedicated ips changes on your end, the license will go invalid. It also could be the developer has removed the licenses and either 1) didn't look to confirm they did or 2) did and don't feel bothered to help their customer out.

Kind regards,

-Jake

dave Leader
dave Aug 13 '19
I am not sure about mike (private albums) but i know that puru (password strength meter) is no longer supporting any of his plugins and has vanished from oxwall forum support as well.    He is still around, some have said that they see him on other social media programs like FB and such, but he does not support his plugins anymore that i am aware of. 

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 14 '19
i have hired india people many times they are in my opinion always only interested earn money and 0% care what happens with you business after you payed..and to sue a india man or girl is like to try sue putin...better you make a paypal despute if possible that will hopefully soon make him update his plugins or remove them

is there no limits how many time you can get desputes from clients before paypal will ban your account?

i mean can you have 100 despute from clients every year and still use paypal?

hmm...there should bee a limit in my opinion

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 14 '19
dave Leader
dave Aug 14 '19
They do and have frozen accounts before for such things. I do not know their policy on the matter now days but you are welcome to contact paypal and let them know about the accounts in question and see what they offer to do. 
Peter
Peter Aug 18 '19
I done the following and everything works perfectly :)

Thank you all for your input on this and support

:)
Quote from JB TECH

Try going into your purchases and clicking "reset ip." If a server updates or anything related to dedicated ips changes on your end, the license will go invalid. It also could be the developer has removed the licenses and either 1) didn't look to confirm they did or 2) did and don't feel bothered to help their customer out.

Kind regards,

-Jake

JB TECH
JB TECH Aug 19 '19
Happy to have helped. Have a good one!