We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Load newsfeed on document ready | Forum

Marcus
Marcus Aug 19 '19
Folks dashboard page takes about 2, 3 seconds to respond then it's got to still load the cintent, way too slow.

Please tell me how can I load newsfeed when the page is ready dinamically. This should be the correct approach like photos page. 

The Forum post is edited by Marcus Aug 19 '19
Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Aug 19 '19
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Aug 19 '19

Marcus

The following are the points to be aware of if there is a delay in the dashboard conversion.

1-Using too much content on a page may cause slow operation if server permissions are low. Evaluate various situations by editing the page contents.

2-You may be relieved to request that you increase your server user connection permission. Check max_user_connections flexiblelimit.

Having a 3-server shared server can cause slow transfers.

4-Missing configuration.

You need your server connection permission to see the source of the problem more clearly. I have written the possibilities above, but it is not possible to determine a result without review.

Marcus
Marcus Aug 20 '19
Thanks buddy. The issue is with the newsfeed itself. When it's empty or has very little content it load fast. But when it's got like mine 5 years of data it is slow. The best solution would be load such content dinamically. 
Catkin
Catkin Aug 20 '19
would require a brand new plugin for that, you could try limiting how much content it shows?
Marcus
Marcus Aug 20 '19

Quote from Jamie would require a brand new plugin for that, you could try limiting how much content it shows?

That is what I am thinking. Its gonna require some core edits, but I think I could do it . Gonna take me a year though :)
dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '19
You should not have 5 years of NF data, i believe the cron clears the NF content after 90 days of no activity.  So check your cron to be sure its running, check for cron errors, and check that there is not a plugin you have bypassing that cron job. 

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/13571

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 20 '19
dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '19
here ya go, look at alia reply, she even gives you the code :)   page 1 and page 2

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/12702

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 20 '19
Marcus
Marcus Aug 20 '19
I didn't know that. Anyway maybe since I've got so many friends it takes much longer apose to some user with none or only a few.

Nf doesn't have a setting to set the amount of item per load I'm I ritgh
dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '19
check the main page configuration, i believe in the NF gear setting it lets you choose how many to load at one time but im not 100% on that. 
Marcus
Marcus Aug 20 '19
Thanks buddy for everything