We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

guest password? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
kobweb
kobweb Aug 24 '19

So I have this guest password set on my account

www.dreamclearing.com

I am not sure how to remove it or bypass it, but I certainly don't know it or remember it. I can't access my admin panel. Its very frustrating and I'm not quite sure what to do.

dave Leader
dave Aug 24 '19
You can disable the password in the admin settings user settings i believe.  

Why cant you access your admin panel?   Have you tried forgot password for the account emaili?

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Aug 24 '19

Go to the server control panel and access the database.

In the ow_base_user table, you can copy the password from one user to another.

The Forum post is edited by Patricia Zorrilla Aug 24 '19
dave Leader
dave Aug 24 '19
+1 patricia,  yes if you cant use forget password then if you know the password from a test account or something, you can just copy that into your admin record and then sign on and change the password. 
Marcus
Marcus Aug 24 '19
Folks the code you see in db can't be used as password case it has been encrypted. Using salt and md5 then stored in db.  
Marcus
Marcus Aug 24 '19
You can replace email in db and the use forgot pass page
dave Leader
dave Aug 25 '19

Quote from Marcus Folks the code you see in db can't be used as password case it has been encrypted. Using salt and md5 then stored in db.  

Yes marcus we know that, we were talking about copying to another record in the db not useing it as the PW itself in the input. 

The email replace in the DB will work the same, thanks for adding that. 

Marcus
Marcus Aug 25 '19
Meant no disrespect Dave
The Forum post is edited by Marcus Aug 25 '19
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 25 '19
Patricia Zorrilla Bcn

nice trick :)....i will try remember that....

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 25 '19
dave Leader
dave Aug 25 '19

Quote from Marcus Meant no disrespect Dave
I know that :0)  did not intend to sound like that.... i was just being clear 
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Aug 25 '19
My plugin https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1613 includes many functions for this: Change passwords, find passwords based on trying combinations from aaaaa to zzzzz, login as a member ...

But in this case no it would have served him because he had to log in as admin to be able to use it, so there is no other way than to edit the database manually

dave Leader
dave Aug 25 '19
+1 patricia, remember passwords cannot be unhashed, it is a one way hash only.  Thats why Patricia used the db data and not the login field. 
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Aug 25 '19
Dave, take a good look at what the plugin does to find out passwords .... It's the "Brute Force" method, optimized by me and fractionated so you can go looking for it at times. I developed it many years ago in C and adapted it to PHP. I know it's not very useful ... until you need it and it's a good programming exercise.
J Nelson
J Nelson Aug 26 '19
I have the same problem, my question is why would you allow the guest password to override the admin sign in password? they should be separate sign in pages.
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Aug 26 '19
No no. The problem is if you forget the administrator password, to be able to access again. This is what we talk about in this topic.

J Nelson
J Nelson Aug 27 '19

Quote from Patricia Zorrilla Bcn No no. The problem is if you forget the administrator password, to be able to access again. This is what we talk about in this topic.

Quote from kobweb

So I have this guest password set on my account

www.dreamclearing.com

I am not sure how to remove it or bypass it, but I certainly don't know it or remember it. I can't access my admin panel. Its very frustrating and I'm not quite sure what to do.

Patricia, the topic is 'Guest Password'. Kobweb started the thread on this subject.

I have issues like Kobweb, meaning I cannot remember my Guest Password and I cannot get past this screen to the admin login.

So I would like to know why Oxwall did not make a separate login page to access for the Guest and  Admin? as a contingency, so that if we forget the password for the Guest Login, we can still access the Admin panel login via a separate url.

The Forum post is edited by J Nelson Aug 27 '19
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Aug 27 '19
I think this is what you are looking for, put these values so you do not ask for the password

J Nelson
J Nelson Aug 27 '19

Quote from Patricia Zorrilla Bcn I think this is what you are looking for, put these values so you do not ask for the password

Thank you Patricia, much appreciated.
Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Aug 28 '19

You can set a password again using a password renewal request.

If that's not possible.

In case of access to the site, you need to do, you know a password or a new user name you can continue by registering.

Go to the server control panel and access the database.

In the ow_base_user table, you can copy the password from one user to another.

By copying the password used in the user or last member arrangement whose password you know.

Login can be added by adding to Admin section.

The above image by Patricia Zorrilla Bcn clearly shows.

Steven Bauer
Steven Bauer Aug 24 '22
The system has 2-factor authentication, have you tried it? slope unblocked
Pages: 1 2 »