We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Delete questions questio | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Marcus
Marcus Nov 19 '19
Hi folks I'm working on moderation pluging to moderate a questions question I called about me.

If it doest not meet the quality guidelines it gets removed. 

My question is it enough to simply remove such question from questions table where userid is whatever. 

I mean if you update your profile and leave some question empty it containing content prior to update does it get removed from questions table or gets set to empty. 
The Forum post is edited by Marcus Nov 19 '19
dave Leader
dave Nov 19 '19
Actually im not sure, the reason is because i know that Oxwall uses the language tables as data input storage for some tasks.  Meaning that for some user input, the lang tables are used to store that data instead of the user tables.  Which to me is crazy but it is what it is.  Im not sure if the team devs were trying to save user table footprint or why they set it up that way.    

So im not sure if you wipe the question record if it will blow up because there could be an associated lang key to that question.  I have never tested this, sorry. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Nov 19 '19
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 19 '19
moderate "text fields is a pain in the ass for any website moderator.

I was solve this with hide this text field and make them visible only for payed members.

so if they uselly like to write for example "contact me on email email@mail.com" then only payed can see this information.

Marcus
Marcus Nov 20 '19
I have noticed some questions in questions_data table are empty so I'm just gonna empty em.