We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

What is this? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 13 '19
Hello

i recently notice code on my photo plugin and in another place that have the name "fake". 

Is it only me who have this code in plugins/photo/components

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

class PHOTO_CMP_CreateFakeAlbum extends OW_Component
{
public function __construct()
{
parent::__construct();

$form = new PHOTO_CLASS_CreateFakeAlbumForm(); $this->addForm($form); $this->assign('extendInputs', $form->getExtendedElements()); $this->assign('userId', OW::getUser()->getId()); OW::getDocument()->addStyleSheet(OW::getPluginManager()->getPlugin('photo')->getStaticCssUrl() . 'photo_upload.css');

}
}

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

reason i ask is not sure what this code do? And i hope it is not only me who have this code?

Thanks in advance

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Dec 13 '19
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 13 '19
And in ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/join.php

i find this:

protected function addFakeQuestions()

and a lot of code under this function

please can someone tell me if you have the same code in you oxwall software or only me have?

If you have same code what is this code doing?

Marcus
Marcus Dec 13 '19
It's spam and boot protection. Essentially it creates fake form that is hidden for humans but visible for boots so they have no choice but to fill it up case unlike hunanbeans they read code. Page with such forms will be rejected by ow. 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 13 '19
okey , i understand. thanks for the information :)

i was worried it was someone that added bad code on my site :)

Marcus
Marcus Dec 15 '19
Registration page has many fake input fields too however since ow is an open sourse and everybody who wishes can check core code boot creators have no problems getting around that stuff. It works but not 100% fireproof 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 16 '19
agree....open source software is not very safe...it shared with hackers ...lol
Marcus
Marcus Dec 17 '19
That's is the down side of using code that anybody has access to but ow so far has proven to be pretty safe.