We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Changing the icons | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 15 '19
I was check my site and i not have this plugin:

ow_static/plugins/fontawesome/css

but you have i can see when load you page

so i think it is here you need add changes

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Dec 15 '19
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Dec 15 '19

I think like Skadate Sweden. It is a terrible "disregard for performance" error to load an icon beer from another URL ... That can greatly slow down the loading of a website and that a couple of icons are very beautiful, resizable or advantages thus do not justify.

There are many themes here with the icons in SVG format already included.

And if you install OxWall on a private network that does not have access to the global Internet?

I have never used fontawesome. The theme looks spectacular, that's true, but I don't like this technique based on using external resources.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 15 '19
You are most welcome Rob 

Happy you did find the fontawsome plugin :)

Yes Patricia Zorrilla Bcn i think same you. It is a fast way develop a theme but not good add more requests. 

it is better try always lower external requests. and not very good to rely on another peoples servers and cdn to work as it should everyday. 

I know i use right now CDN and rely on cloudflare that they end servers should work but at least they are a big company that run for a very long time this cdn service.

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Dec 15 '19
Romuald
Romuald Jun 28 '20
Hello, would I need a little help please?who it is or I could remove or change the text framed in red in attached piece,?
It can be found on https://www.blablaurgence.xyz/sign-in and the developer does not respond.
thank you in advance
Pages: « 1 2