We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How does it work? - Messenger | Forum

Marcus
Marcus Jan 15 '20
Hi I'm really interested. I don't understand how does it get integrated with my website?

Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Jan 15 '20
Hi Marcus.

After installing this plugin, you will be able to go to this plugin's settings page, in that page you have to add the data of your app, click on a button and it will generate the file that you can upload into your google play store account.

This plugin includes an API made by me, it uses the mailbox to send the data to the app and to send messages to website users. This means your website must have mailbox installed to properly work and it essentially is just a bridge to be able to display the messages from the website into the app.

I hope this answer to your question, please let me know if you want to know anything else or if you want me to be more specific on something.

Senior Developer.

Marcus
Marcus Jan 16 '20
How about friends that I saw when I installed app
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Jan 16 '20
If they login with the same account that they have in your website, their friends list will appear in there. If not, the list will be empty. 

They can send friend requests too, the other user can accept the friend request using the same app or using your website.
Senior Developer.

Marcus
Marcus Jan 16 '20
OK thanks. Lastly what plugings are required to make this app work as intended. Also how about join page? What data will be shown. 
Cesar Leiva
Cesar Leiva Jan 25 '20

hello is available in spanish?

Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Jan 25 '20
Required plugins before installing this:

- Friends

- Notifications

- Mailbox

Yes, it pulls the language keys from your website, it works on websites with single language and multi-language.

If you have only Spanish installed, it will display Spanish only in the app, if you have multiple languages enabled, it will load all languages and it switches by default to the language of the user's device.

Senior Developer.

Marcus
Marcus Jan 26 '20
OK all clear. I really need this one. Thanks. 
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Feb 3 '20
Does this plugin use User Roles? I want only paid members of my website to access and not others. 
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Feb 3 '20

In this version, only applies the same user roles that you already have for mailbox and friend modules. 

If you did set that only paid members can watch messages from mailbox plugin, the basic users will see a message encouraging them to upgrade to paid and a link to your website for upgrading membership.

I will add a new feature to enable sign in only for paid members. This will be ready soon.

Senior Developer.

Marcus
Marcus Feb 4 '20
Hola amigo. I'm concerned about join page since I only saw a few questions on demo app. Where that data coming from app or gets pulled from my site.

How does join work. 

Plus what if a user has to complete required question of perform some extra tast upon join like email verify or gets redirected by my pluging to fill up a form... 

The Forum post is edited by Marcus Feb 4 '20
Ash
Ash Jul 20 '20
Hi this does not have a basic core oxwall user search functionality, cant that be added pls? 

Look forward

Thanks

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 6 '20
i would love to see swipe users tinder style. it very hot this days to add swipe users and super like and if want more advance search users, but i would go for a tinder clone feature and sell the plugin sepeartly in the store. hmmm did you not create such plugin already?
You do not have permission to reply this topic