We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

FILE UPLOAD FAIL! | Forum

Dimitris Salas
Dimitris Salas Mar 31 '20
File upload fail , when i try to upload in the user interface. I can upload the same image in the admin panel but in the user i get either file upload fail or NO PHOTOS WERE UPLOADED BECAUSE OF EXCESSIVE SIZE OR WRONG FORMAT.

Any ideas?

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Mar 31 '20

You have to check that the ow_userfiles folder and all the ones depending on it have the write permissions set to 0777.

You have to check at yoursite.com/admin/settings/content

what size limits you have set.

You have to try several photos (not just one), there are some that the graphics library doesn't understand and aborts the upload and triggers this same error message.

Note that every time you upload a photo, if it fails, you have several files left in ow_userfiles/plugins/photo that start with tmp*.* . You can delete them, it's a known OxWall error that we drag since OxWall was invented.

Dimitris Salas
Dimitris Salas Apr 1 '20
Hello, thanks you for your promptly response. In the admin I set it as 25mb limit, while i am trying to upload a 24kb jpeg and png file. Both of them are getting error. The whole oxwall folder is at 0777 recursive , and i don't see any temp files in the ow_userfiles

edit:i found the temp in the following folder ow_userfiles/plugins/base

The Forum post is edited by Dimitris Salas Apr 1 '20
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Apr 1 '20

Please check here too:

yorsite.com/photo/admin

that there is another limit, this one affects only the photo plugin.

Dimitris Salas
Dimitris Salas Apr 1 '20
32Mb limit there...
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Apr 1 '20

You can upload photos to NewsFeed?

Can you upload avatars?

Can you upload photos with other plugins?

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 1 '20
check your apache error log and oxwall error log
Dimitris Salas
Dimitris Salas Apr 2 '20
I fixed error the thanks you both for your support!! The error wasn't oxwall related but php. The php was updated recently to 7.4 but for some reason the server was still seeing 7.0. The php7.0-gd was missing because now it was using php7.4-gd therefore i couldn't upload the images and I had to install the php7.0-gd!
The Forum post is edited by Dimitris Salas Apr 2 '20
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 2 '20
Great you solved it. Yes i was think all the time it was a server issue not oxwall related issue. usely when it comes to problem with upload something to a server.