We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Updates - Mailbox Cleanup | Forum

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Apr 6 '20

Version 2

There is a variable defined in PHP.ini:

see:

https://www.google.com/search?q=php.ini+max_execution_time&oq=php+max&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j35i39j0l6.5714j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

which limits the maximum execution time of a script, its default value is 5 minutes.

Sometimes, if your database is huge, the operation of the plugin was interrupted by this limitation.

To solve this:

* I have optimized the algorithm used for a higher speed.

* I have included a new variable in which you can set the maximum number of minutes of execution.

If the execution takes more than this value, the deletion of conversations is partially executed and you can finish it by executing several times.

The default value is 2 minutes, and you can set values from 1 to 20 minutes.

Values above 3, once executed, are limited to 3 for each use for security reasons.

If the execution of the process has been interrupted due to lack of time, a warning is displayed in a POP-UP window

Attachments:
  update2.png (64Kb)
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Apr 7 '20

Version 3

I have removed the calculation of the space occupied by the files attached to the messages because if the folder where they are stored is very full, it takes too long.
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Apr 20 '20

New cron-based plugin

Mail Clean Cron

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1702

It does the same thing, but it's completely different:

* He doesn't present statistics of what he's going to do, only of what he's done because he doesn't do any calculations.

* Does not allow manual execution, only executed via CRON

You can change your MailBox Clean Up license by paying the difference or buy a new one if you want to have both plugins working.

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jun 21 '20

Version 4 (June 21, 2020)

Adaptation to new store rules

You do not have permission to reply this topic