We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Members widget | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Christophe Tricaud
Christophe Tricaud Apr 21 '20
Hello, I am looking for a widget to show more information on members than juste their avatar.

Is there a plugin?

Or someone can tell me in a few words which object I may change to achieve my goal?

Best

Christophe Tricaud

Paris, France

The Forum post is edited by Christophe Tricaud Apr 21 '20
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Apr 21 '20

It's ideal for you:

UserInfo

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1613

I'm about to release a new, much, much bigger version.  It replaces dozens of plugins with advantage.

Let me know what you want to know.

Christophe Tricaud
Christophe Tricaud Apr 22 '20
Bonjour Patricia,

Oui j'ai bien l'intention de le prendre. Quand lancez vous votre novuelle version? Je prévoyais de l'acheter aujourd'hui ou demain!

En fait ma demande n'est pas claire: c'est sur la partie membres du site que je voudrais pouvoir afficher bien plus d'information sur la page membre ainsi que sur le widget. Ce que j'ai vu est assez pauvre: par exemple je voudrais le pseudo, le genre, l'age, le pays.

Merci

Christophe Tricaud
To reply to your question I may be interested in followind informations from the admin side:

- Which IP is used and which meta come from his connexion

- If the user has several pseudo (switching from one to another)

- How many blocked he has received in 7 days, in a month, a year

I had these infos on the previous version of my dating site which was too old to survive!

Best, Christophe

The Forum post is edited by Christophe Tricaud Apr 22 '20
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Apr 22 '20

It's quite long to explain what this plugin does... I hope it's understood because machine translators are not very good and I don't speak English.

The plugin collects different information, includes several utilities, several witgets and adds information in Quick Links (in DashBoard). In the plugin settings you can define what things paid users, free users, unregistered users, moderators or the administrator can see. You can also disable things completely.

It does not do things that OxWall already does such as display number of photos and profile fields, I have collected the information that OxWall does not display. The information collected is: All the IP's ( V4 and V6 ) that each user uses and has used and from each the first date, the last date and how many times. Exactly the same with the passwords. With these two information makes a detailed study of users who agree on how many IPs and how many passwords. It serves to locate users with multiple accounts, expelled users who re-register, those who want to take advantage of the free trial period several times, etc.

It also collects the visits to profiles made and received, how many visits and on what dates. This is displayed in Quick Links, in a Widget, in the main plugin widget, and even in the buttons that can be added to profiles. You can publish these visits or not in NewsFeed. You can ignore the administrator's visits. Ignores repeated visits within 10 minutes. There is already a plugin that does this in the store but it is very primitive. It also collects blocking information between sent and received users, this is important because a member who is blocked a lot should not be interesting. There is no plugin that collects this information. It also collects information from private messages, how many, on what dates, if they have been read... and even allows you to read them. Flags also manages, allows to add a field to explain why complaints, collects information of which moderator has attended this flag and has marked it as solved. The administrator has another page with all the flags already resolved to check that the moderators are working well. A widget is provided to replace the OxWall widget in DashBoard but this is more powerful, you can use the one you want because they are compatible. There is another plugin in the store that does something similar but mine is more powerful.

It also collects how many likes and comments each user has sent and received in newsFeed, there is no plugin in the store that does this.

The administrator and moderator authorized moderators in the appropriate section have many possibilities: Break a block between members, delete a friend, delete member avatars, login as him, change his password and even edit his profile. OxWall allows the administrator to edit a member's profile, but not moderators if they are not given access to the OxWall control panel and with this plugin you can give moderation privileges to individual things without giving them access to the control panel.

Compared to the previous version (the one in the shop now), I've added V6 IP management (previously only V4), password history, study of users who share or have shared ips and/or passwords, study of likes and comments on the wall, I've solved the problem of it being recorded as user access when the admin logs in as a user, I've redone the listings and added many new ones and I've completely rewritten the plugin to organize it better. I've also included a lot of check code that runs only if the web is in DEBUG mode, so possible corrupted tables errors in newsfeed and similar give you detailed information of the problem. There are no equivalents in the store, you need to install many plugins to do all this and still you won't have so many things, not so elaborate and not all together. It's already working in my web a few weeks ago. I've made some new routines and I'm deciding if I incorporate them in this plugin or make a separate one, I don't give any hints so that another developer doesn't copy my idea because it's very good!

Christophe Tricaud
It sounds great, I will have a look! Is it possible from an IP to know who is using it?

It is not a problem that anyone copy your idea because we will buy yours as we know you!

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Apr 22 '20

There is no "IP" search engine in the IP table that creates and maintains the plugin, I don't see it necessary.

It's done in reverse. From a user you have a "warning" if any of the IP's he has used coincide with any IP that other users have used, and it shows you only how many users coincide. If you want to explore this from this information that is also a link you can access a list of IP's, which uses this user. And for each IP it tells you how many users use this IP, how many times with each one and the date of the first and last time they used it.

With passwords it's exactly the same.

If a user has used several IP's or passwords you are not warned, that is normal, but if a single password or IP's coincide with others you are warned to explore this. We don't know the text of the passwords because they are kept encrypted, but the plugin compares the encryptions. I've already detected users with two profiles, one of which can be accessed from a mobile phone and the other only from the desktop... With the previous version of the plugin I couldn't locate them, but many are so dumb that they put the same password. I also provide a tool to find out passwords by the "brute force" method, but as it has more than 5 characters... OxWall admits almost all characters as valid for the password and that generates trillions of combinations. It is not very useful, you can log in as him and change his avatar, for example.

Christophe Tricaud
Great this is what I need! Thanks