We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Site is not showing properly | Forum

Hafa
Hafa Jul 29
I've just finished the installation and i have yet to customize anything but my site is not showing properly...

AppXprt
AppXprt Jul 30
Looks like you might not have all the theme files installed or you may need to clear your cache.
Chris_W
Chris_W Jul 30
Which php version are you using to install the site. It won't install properly on php 7.* only php 5.6.
dave Team
dave Jul 30

+1 AppXrt and Chris_W

Best thing to do is to install Oxwall using php5.6 then change php version to 7.1 or 7.2, i would not go any higher than that right now and even 7.2 is kind of pushing it.

Then clear your cache.

Also check your file permissions here, it could also cause this issue

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/8266

Use something like filezilla to do the recursive permission changes, do you know how to do that?

If you still have issues let us know :)

The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 30
Kim Cornel
Kim Cornel Jul 31
I have the same issue. I successfully installed now, but it displayed just like the screenshot Hafa uploaded. As suggested above, Ive checked the permissions and its was installed on php 5.6. I installed on another subdomain 4 days ago and it displayed properly. This new installation is on the same server. Any help will be appreciated.
dave Team
dave Jul 31

Kim, PM me your site urls please, the one that is working and the one that is not as well.  

Also have you tried changing browsers, and you have cleared your dns cache?

If you are on windows, to clear your dns cache

open up the command prompt window

type this:   ipconfig /flushdns

if that does not work, then visit your site from a anonymous website like  hidemyass.com/en-us/index

There are others out there.

The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 31