We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Notification and mailbox did not show | Forum

Jam
Jam Dec 28 '12
I need help how to fixed this problem when i log in i see in my notification button with 2 then i click but no message
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Do you still face this issue?

Is your cron job running fine?
Jam
Jam Jan 3 '13
yes i still encounter Purusothaman- i don't know cron job sir- can you tell me more?..
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Can you unistall notifications plugin and activate again?

Please do search on google about cron. There are lot of resources on it.
Mohammad
Mohammad Jan 3 '13
you can look at here too
Jam
Jam Jan 3 '13
how to add cron jobs on my site Puruthaman?..

Alia Team
Alia Jan 3 '13
Jam, how can we reproduce this issue on your site? ( your site url, username and password we can use to login ).
Jam
Jam Jan 4 '13
what you mean (site URL, username and password) admin username?. you have log in using ur facebook acct in my site right?.

Alia Team
Alia Jan 7 '13
Your site URL and any username and pass I can use to log in and see notification button saying  that I have notifications, but if I click on them nothing will appear.

Alia Team
Alia Jan 8 '13
Jam, never mind that. I was able to reproduce this issue. Will get back to you shortly.

Jam
Jam Jan 8 '13
okay thanks Aliia wish that this issue will be solve
Alia Team
Alia Jan 8 '13
Jam, issues with real time notifications is caused by the Attracta code used on your site ( it caused the "pares error" in newsfeed as well). Try disabling it.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 8 '13
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Jam
Jam Jan 8 '13
can you help me Aliia disabling attracta?.. i don't know how to do it!
Jam
Jam Jan 11 '13
any one can help me or teach me how to disable Attracta code and how i know if my cron job not working well?.

Alia Team
Alia Jan 18 '13
Jam, I am not confident how Attracta works myself. But I have found a couple of topics that might help you.

1. http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/7695

Reply from Tracy:

tracy Jan 8

alexsandrs, what hosting are you using, anddo you have an attracta account? if you are using an attracta account, or can verify that your hosting company has provided your hosting account with it, you can follow these directions and possibly get some relief.....

1. Please log into your Attracta account
2. Navigate to the 'SEO Apps' link in the top left menu
3. Ensure the domain you wish to remove the app from is selected in the 'Selected Site' dropdown
4. On this page, you'll see a list of installed applications under 'My Installed Apps'
5. Click on the 'Manage App' button
6. To remove the app, click on the 'Uninstall Application' button near the applications icon at the top of the page.

NOTE: It may take up to 8 hours for the update to process and the application be disabled.

If you need the app disabled immediately, you will need to delete the .fastinclude file from the 'web root' (document root) of your website.

To delete this file:

1. Log into your cPanel account
2. Navigate to 'File Manager'
3. Choose the 'Web Root (public_html/www)' option and ensure 'Show Hidden Files (dotfiles)' is ticked.
4. Click Go
5. Select the public_html folder on the left
6. Select the file named '.fastinclude' and click Delete

After deleting this file, the app will be removed instantly. However, this will not communicate with our systems so we recommend that you also do the first 6 steps to keep your account in sync with us.

2. http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/6230

Reply from Jack:

Jake Brunton Oct 16 '12 I went to your site and found your problem. Attracta does NOT work with oxwall. Please contact your hosting and tell them to remove / reset Attracta on your account. Plus, go into your source, then go to the www folder, find .fastincludes and delete it. This should fix your problem.
Jam
Jam Jan 18 '13
thanks a lot ma'am Aliia now with your help i've successfully removed the attracta in my site
Alia Team
Alia Jan 22 '13
Did this solve the problem with notifications?
David A
David A Feb 2 '13

I am having a similar issue.

Notifications are not seeming to work for me as well.  

Ihave a similar issue.

Notifications and Mass Emails are not working.
Additionally, Mass Mail is not working, but I am unsure if that is an issue with this version of OXWALL, that it did not update properly, or that crons was messed up when I was attempting to fix other issues.

With notifications, nothing is being listed in the notifications window.  The first thing I did was check the cron (because I thought that might be it).   When I first set up oxwall, I was not receiving all emails from the oxwall script. It turned out that was the culprit.  I updated the script to:
/usr/local/bin/php /home/site/public_html/ow_cron/run.php  Timeline:-Installed ver 1.4 from simple scripts about a week ago. -Had issues with mass mailing, fixed cron, mass mailings worked.

-Friday, I updated to version 1.5.1 (build 6093) using the ftp from oxwal script as the 1.5 version was not available through simple scripts.  

-Updated plugins.

After the update, I noticed that Notifications did not work. Tried installing and uninstalling.  Did not work

I thought cron might need to be re-setup, so I went into cpanel to do so.
After redoing cron, notifications still did not work. I began getting many cron jobs emails. I contacted the hosting company, and they helped me get the proper cron job in ( see above)
  While researching I found this thread. It turns out I do have an account with Attracta (did not remember signing up, but I did). I went through these steps listed above in the thread. However, I did not have any “seo apps installed” They did have a website listed and I removed it. The interesting thing, was the domain that they were “helping” with, was a different domain (though sharing hosting)  When looking for .fastinclude file from the 'web root' (document root) file, I did not see it.  So there I am. I am in the testing phase… and really like this script. Hope there is enough information to figure this out.  Is notifications not working an issue with the most recent version?Any ideas?  Would like mass mail and notifications to work. Thanks all!

Alia Team
Alia Feb 5 '13
David, can I have your site URL?
Pages: 1 2 »