We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

how to put username in Status | Forum

Tester
Tester Feb 11 '13
This is an encouraging session.
Previously I was mainly working with Elgg, where I added a group for 'code help' -- help for making a difference with a small change in coding. Questions got pile up, and some good programmers took a real interest in it. The group was a real attenttion-grabber, and eventutally Elgg incorporated it into one of its own group with my consent.

Being pressed for time, Aliia and Purush can't reach everywhere, test things, and come up with highly useful solutions like this. More and more people should take an interest in coding.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I have been with ELGG before and it was more collaborative.
Ajith Jojo
Ajith Jojo Mar 9 '13
Modified  newsfeed plugin available on http://www.oxwall.bugs3.com/shop ;
Hadi Kamell
Hadi Kamell Jun 23 '13

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam
Quote from Michael I. You can do this in /ow_plugins/newsfeed/components/UpdateStatus.php

Just a correction.. Its update_status.php actually.

Change the below line
$field->setInvitation( OW::getLanguage()->text('newsfeed', 'status_field_invintation') );

to

$userName = BOL_UserService::getInstance()->getDisplayName(OW::getUser()->getId());
$field->setInvitation( OW::getLanguage()->text('newsfeed', 'status_field_invintation',array('userName'=>$userName)) );

And then in your language page, change text for the keystatus_field_invintation.

What’s happening? to What’s happening {$userName}?

Thank you dear Purusothaman , this is very nice work :)
I dont know
I dont know Jul 21 '13
In my language page I am not getting any text like status_field_invintation.

What to do now please help me.

Rahul verma
Rahul verma Jul 29 '13

work fine but

there is a small issue with this mod. 

none noticed it.

if you use this mod

then another user's profile page where you write on his wall , it will show your name instead of him there as well

I dont know
I dont know Sep 13 '13
In oxwall if I am  blocking someone It's not working Why?

Help me plz

Thanks in advance

fbkca
fbkca Sep 13 '13
Quote from Lov In oxwall if I am  blocking someone It's not working Why?

Help me plz

Thanks in advance

Start your own thread in 
Bug reports and troubleshooting. And in this new thread, explain your expectations.
The Forum post is edited by fbkca Sep 13 '13
KreativMind
KreativMind Sep 17 '13
I am having trouble growing my business. Can you help me? Just kidding fbkca. Great work Purusothaman Ramanujam
The Forum post is edited by KreativMind Sep 17 '13
Otis
Otis Oct 14 '13
I am sorry where do I find the file below

"And then in your language page, change text for the keystatus_field_invintation.

What’s happening? to What’s happening {$userName}?"
Duncan
Duncan Oct 23 '13
Quote from Otis I am sorry where do I find the file below

"And then in your language page, change text for the keystatus_field_invintation.

What’s happening? to What’s happening {$userName}?"
Go to yoursitename.com/admin/languages

This also doesn't appear to be working with the latest build - After changing the required files and kicking site into dev and off, the language part is there, but I just see the text What’s happening {$userName}

The Forum post is edited by Duncan Oct 23 '13
Wilson
Wilson Jan 1 '14

Works great, makes a  deferent’s and is cool to see in action! Great job Ramanujam!

Wilson

The Forum post is edited by Wilson Jan 1 '14
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jan 8 '14
After update to Oxwall 1.6 and update the newsfeed, this modification works well but has to be done in line 161 instead of the 120 
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jul 28 '14
In Oxwall 1.7 this modification works well but has to be done in line 202 instead of the 120 
Joe Coon
Joe Coon Aug 6 '14
Thanks for this thread and the solution Purusothaman Ramanujam
I found it very useful!

Joe
Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Aug 15 '14
I'm using 1.7. I followed the instructions above (editing line 202 instead of 120) and it still says What’s happening {$userName} in the status box.

Am I missing something?

Quote from Patricia Zorrilla Bcn In Oxwall 1.7 this modification works well but has to be done in line 202 instead of the 120 

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Aug 16 '14
Double check the capitals in the variables!!!
Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Aug 16 '14
I'm afraid I don't understand...
The capitals are as they should be as far as I can tell, I copy and pasted the code directly from this post.

Quote from Patricia Zorrilla Bcn Double check the capitals in the variables!!!

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Aug 16 '14

So the fault is something else, because the code works fine. I can not think of anything else if I can not access your FTP

Harry
Harry Aug 21 '14
Should this work in 1.7?  I dont seem to have success with this, and it just appears as What’s happening {$userName}?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »
This topic is sticky