We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

facebook connect error - Facebook Connect | Forum

Jam
Jam Jan 4 '13
i have receive complaint from my user that they encounter an error using fb connect- then i tried to deactivate and activate again but still an error occured- see attachement
Attachments:
  fb error.jpg (72.73Kb)
Alia Team
Alia Jan 7 '13
Jam I will need your site URL and  screen shot of your app's settings on facebook to help you with this issue.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 7 '13
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Jam
Jam Jan 8 '13
thanks- but i already fixed it- some lacking in my fb app-
tracy
tracy Jan 8 '13
i hate it when people don't tell what they did to fix something
Alia Team
Alia Jan 11 '13
Tracy,  in case with FB connect issue, most of the times it is incorrect APP settings. Small mistakes like not having "www" in the URL, or having it when it should not have been there and etc.
tracy
tracy Jan 11 '13
this is something i am apparently an idiot with haha....i have tried creating the app so many times now in all sorts of ways and have had zero progress....i have absolutely no idea how to fill out the app registration page....I saw your picture, but their page doesn't look like that any longer....
tracy
tracy Jan 11 '13
does this work for addon domains?

Jason
Jason Feb 2 '13
I agree...Oxwall needs to keep up and update their tutorials when something like this changes on the other end..When I configure my app and everything looks correct I click on the FB Connect to join or sign in and it goes to the url http://www.thexchronicles.com/...t/login?backUri=join and just displays a blank page. If anyone has seen this please let me know so I can resolve this ASAP.
Jason
Jason Feb 2 '13
I do want to say that the FB contact importer/invite plugin works perfectly.
Unique
Unique Feb 2 '13
Jason, are u use facebook canvas URL?

Jason
Jason Feb 3 '13
Yes, I have to use it for the contact importer to work.
Alia Team
Alia Feb 4 '13
Tracy,

>>does this work for addon domains?

Yes.

>> to join or sign in and it goes to the url http://www.thexchronicles.com/...t/login?backUri=join and just displays a blank page

Jason I will be glad to help you with FB connect if you provide admin panel username and pass.

Jason
Jason Feb 4 '13
PM with information was sent Aliia. Thank you for the assistance!
Alia Team
Alia Feb 4 '13
Jason, thank you for the access details.
I have tried to edit settings of the plugin  in your admin panel but once I click "Save" I am redirected to the blank page. The app is not working on the front end, since it seems like it is not configured at this moment at all.

You will need to delete your current FB connect plugin from admin panel.
Download updated plugin from the Store and install it. Or you can wait until the "Update" button will appear next to 'FB connect' plugin.

Let me know once the updated plugin will be up on your site and I will try to set it for you.
Jason
Jason Feb 5 '13
Aliia,

I have already deleted the plugin and reinstalled it a few times now as well as deleted the app on Facebook and recreated it and it still doesn't work. The contact importer works so I now it's not a problem with my app on Facebook. I'll PM you with a screenshot of my FB app settings so you guys can update your documentation too as it's lacking.
Unique
Unique Feb 5 '13

Quote from Aliia Download updated plugin from the Store and install it.

Quote from Jason I have already deleted the plugin and reinstalled it

Have you updated the plugin?
Alia Team
Alia Feb 5 '13
Unique, good point.

Facebook connect plugin was updated yesterday.
Please update or reinstall FB connect plugin on your site. And try to test it again.
Jason
Jason Feb 8 '13
It doesn't give me an option to update...just settings, deactivate, uninstall.
suresh kumar
suresh kumar Feb 8 '13
you can download the latest version from oxwall store.

and you could see the plugin update notification in admin panel as of by now
Pages: 1 2 3 »
You do not have permission to reply this topic