We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Email notifications not being sent after 1.5.2 | Forum

neeraj maurya
neeraj maurya Mar 11 '14
hello aliia,

I am getting the same problem here.

The activity notification is not working. I have checked "immediately" under email notification.All other activity tab is checked.

Site cron job is working fine.

The confirmation/verification email for new user is working fine.Only problem with activity notification.

Please help .....

ross Team
ross Mar 11 '14
Please PM me your admin and Cpanel access details, I'll take a look at the problem. 
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Mar 11 '14
I also have the same issue, my site doesn't send email notification even though i see them on oxwall Ross.

If one wont get them if signed up via facebook ?
Konstantinos Karasardelis
I still have this issue too... i never managed to resolve it althou i tried a lot. No one ever gets any notification by mail. This results in less user visits to my site.

ross Team
ross Mar 13 '14
Webster, Konstantinos do you have your Cron Jobs properly configured?
Quote from ross Webster, Konstantinos do you have your Cron Jobs properly configured?

Yes, i followed this -> 
http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/10502

Notifications do not work... they never did.

@ross

Check also this please -> http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/10368?page=3#post-55550

The Forum post is edited by Konstantinos Karasardelis Mar 16 '14
ross Team
ross Mar 17 '14
Konstantinos, can you please PM me your admin and Cpanel access details, I'll take a look at the problem
Simone
Simone Feb 12 '15
Hi I have a problem with mail, I Follow all 5 step but my site don't send any mail! I have enabled SMTP using gmail, cron working OK because in the "ow_base_mail" table the new row was removed!! But email not sent!
ross Team
ross Feb 13 '15
if the mail goes out of the database the software is no longer responsible for it. Try to disable smtp and try again. 
Simone
Simone Feb 13 '15
If I disable SMTP I have an error from Server: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
ross Team
ross Feb 13 '15
and what is the reason of bounce back e-mail? it should be indicated in the e-mail
Simone
Simone Feb 13 '15
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

melinda.laura13@gmail.com
    SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
    host mailchannels-lb-2-364402916.us-west-2.elb.amazonaws.com [54.214.35.245]:
    550 5.7.1 [BFD] Sender prohibited by SPF
ross Team
ross Feb 15 '15
Simone, please check the search results on google: https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Sender+prohibited+by+SPF in has nothing to do with our software. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4