We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Email notifications not being sent after 1.5.2 | Forum

Alia Team
Alia Apr 25 '13
Kaptain, thanks for admin panel info. I am checking your issue right now.
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Apr 25 '13
If your cron path was set correctly in 1.5.1 and your site worked perfectly. Then that damn message appeared in version 1.5.2 it showed there was a bug. No need to change the cron. If 1.5.3 still has a problem and more importantly certain mail is not sent out if notification are set to immediately there is a bug. Now this may not be a oxwall issue but a developers plugin issue. However you wish to disagree with me logic stands in the way. Sit back and think about it Alia, I have! Maybe my years spent as a software developer and analysis are totally unspent, but in this case the logic is certainly on my side. lol  

The Forum post is edited by Bob (Coder Whacker) Apr 25 '13
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Apr 25 '13

Quote from Aliia Kaptain, thanks for admin panel info. I am checking your issue right now.

I am totally interested in seeing your findings? You will most possibly agree with me the problem is caused by a developers plug in. lol

The Forum post is edited by Bob (Coder Whacker) Apr 25 '13
Alia Team
Alia Apr 25 '13
>>>No need to change the cron. If 1.5.3 still has a problem and more importantly certain mail is not sent out if notification are set to immediately there is a bug. Now this may not be a oxwall issue but a developers plugin issue.

I totally agree with you on this.

>>However you wish to disagree with me logic stands in the way.

The only thing I disagree with is "If your users change their preferences to get notifications straight away and are not then there is something wrong. This is not a cron issue. " statement. 
It confuses users who are reading it since from it they get an idea that Notifications are not connected to CRON in any way.

Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Apr 25 '13
Mhmm, while yes I do have an assortment of plugins, all site alerts were going out fine, I hadn't installed any new plugins for about a week after I done the 1.5.3 update, soon after is when I noticed site alerts had stopped being sent..
Morribi
Morribi Apr 26 '13
Iam facing the-same problem now after updating to 1.5.2.

Only welcome message is been sent to users Email OTHER notifications has stopped.

Even the registration confirmation email stopped and i have to disable email verification for new users... Urgent assistance needed pls.

My smtp test is working fine.

Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Apr 26 '13
Is there a delay on the immediate option?

Just updated my site and carried out some tests

Basically notification email has not arrived yet

Reset password email was received immediately..... 
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Apr 26 '13

Quote from Bob (Coder Whacker) Is there a delay on the immediate option?

Seems so and everything is okay mail received.

Saif
Saif May 1 '13
@Aliia ...

I couldn`t understand Your reply here http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/10502

You registered on my site but no reply since then. How do we solve this ??

Morribi
Morribi May 1 '13
Can someone please Assist... My Email notifications  Aren't working..!! @ Aliia Need assistance pls.

------

Only welcome message is been sent to users Email OTHER notifications has stopped.

Even the registration confirmation email stopped and i have to disable email verification for new users... Urgent assistance needed pls.

My smtp test is working fine.

Abbey
Abbey May 1 '13
ok... I had this issue... we deactivated each external developer plugin one by one till we found the offending plug in.... for me it was the Send Credits and Credit History plugin.
After this was removed my site issue with cron, emails and users online list was fixed.
Saif
Saif May 7 '13
No Assistance :(
James Chambers
James Chambers May 10 '13
How can someone make it change sitewide to where all users are set to immediate and all new users are set to immediate by default?  
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus May 11 '13
I have the same problem. I can receive notifications when logged in the site but emails cannot send to members' email addresses.  Before upgrading to the latest version, it was ok. Can this be caused by other plugins.
Alia Team
Alia May 13 '13
Kumi, notifications are coming just fine on your site. I have tested with 2 users with settings set to "Immediately". Please retest.

Alia Team
Alia May 13 '13
James, answer to your question can be found here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/10490
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus May 13 '13
Hi, Alia,
When a new user registers on the site, the welcome and confirm email messages go alright but existing users don't get updates.

I contacted my hosting company and they told me a customer sent a spam message which caused the server ip to be blacklisted. They hoped that might be the cause. So far it's only admin who receives updates in my email. I registered an account and sent a private message to my admin account and I received a message that someone has sent a message to me.

I am still waiting to see what happens after the server ip has been de-listed as a spam.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus May 15 '13
So far only admin gets email updates. When some one registers on my site, he gets the welcome and confirmation page. But when a site activity concerns a user, updates can not be sent to the user concerned.
when someone sends a private message to admin on the site, an automatic message is sent to my email that someone has sent a message to me on the site.

Please help me.
Konstantinos Karasardelis
Quote from Kumi Festus So far only admin gets email updates. When some one registers on my site, he gets the welcome and confirmation page. But when a site activity concerns a user, updates can not be sent to the user concerned.
when someone sends a private message to admin on the site, an automatic message is sent to my email that someone has sent a message to me on the site.

Please help me.

There is a huge problem with email updates not being send... Unfortunately is seems to be unresolved. No actual support on this problem we all have...
Alia Team
Alia May 21 '13
Kumi checked again. I am still getting notifications from your site even though I am not site admin.

>>But when a site activity concerns a user, updates can not be sent to the user concerned.

What are exact steps you went through when you faced this issue? Be as detailed as possible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »