We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Is Oxwall Version 1.6 released? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Aug 1 '13
Just want to find out if the new Version has been released as promised.
ross Team
ross Aug 1 '13

Kumi, 

Not yet, please follow our blog, we'll let you all know

webcs Club
webcs Aug 2 '13

It is not clear when a new version comes out?

On the second day؟

On a week؟

Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Aug 2 '13
Surely it will be released this month as promised
webcs Club
webcs Aug 3 '13

Quote from Kumi Festus On the second day؟ On a week

What day?
ross Team
ross Aug 4 '13
Larry, 

we have a big team, which beta test the updates before releasing it. thank you for your good intentions:)

ross Team
ross Aug 5 '13
if you want to become a beta tester, we need to know that you're a good developer (has several items in the store) or be technically skilled. 
ross Team
ross Aug 5 '13
Ok, as soon as we get the release, we'll keep you in mind. 
Rahul verma
Rahul verma Aug 7 '13
everyday when i wake up ..my 1st task is, i visit www.oxwall.org to check 1.6 is relesed 

OW addiction   :P

Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Aug 7 '13
me too
ross Team
ross Aug 7 '13
it is pleasant to hear that, oxwall junkies :)
Ricky
Ricky Aug 7 '13
me toooo 
Rahul verma
Rahul verma Aug 7 '13
Quote from Paul Cuffe I suspect it will get beta tested first before its made public :) just to disapoint you oxwall junkies lol

LOL
Ricky
Ricky Aug 7 '13

Quote from Paul Cuffe I suspect it will get beta tested first before its made public :) just to disapoint you oxwall junkies lol

be careful, my eyes are red waitin for the new oxwall world of social network lol!!!!
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Aug 7 '13
I would hope they beta test vigorously before releasing it and with EVERY plugin and theme that is being offered in the Oxwall Store.   Anything less would be totally irresponsible.  

Also it should be able to run WELL on any of the shared hosting plans being advertised here as recommended for Oxwall.
Steve

Rahul verma
Rahul verma Aug 7 '13
RELEASEEEE 1.6.0 !!!!!!  xDDDDDD
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Aug 7 '13
Quote from Paul Cuffe @Steve, oxwall do alot of testing of their beta before they go public, with this version from what we are told its gonna be a BIG update due to the fact it will native support mobile's. this might mean alot of updating for plugins and themes, again cant be sure until it has been released for beta but you can be sure that ALL the major plugin writers will update their plugins as needed to make sure they work with the latest copy

That is still a concern for me because some of the (better) plugins I am using have been pulled by their authors like the anti spammer and a couple of others that I downloaded when they were offered at the store.  The theme I am using I paid for in the store.

Regards,

Steve

ross Team
ross Aug 7 '13
No worries, guys, we keep all those things in mind. Update will be just great!
Ricky
Ricky Aug 8 '13

Quote from ross No worries, guys, we keep all those things in mind. Update will be just great!

good i like that
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Aug 8 '13
Glad to hear that Paul. that was a great plugin.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 »
This topic is locked