We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Is Oxwall Version 1.6 released? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
JB TECH
JB TECH Aug 22 '13
Not even any update on when a possible BETA would occur... I know they're taking their time and all, but it would be nice to have a blog post or at least a tweet about the progress. Keeping it a secret to surprise everyone is nice, like receiving a gift from a friend. But, when it comes to a slowly-to-be major software like Oxwall with over 1,000 users, it's important to work together with the community (especially open source) instead of keeping everything secret. 

Steve Winter
Steve Winter Aug 22 '13
Once again my site is DISABLED COMPLETELY because of a plugin update gone bad.   This is especially difficult since I just moved/migrated from another hosting plan.
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Aug 22 '13
Quote from Paul Cuffe @Steve, what update / plugin was that?

Sent you a private message with the debug message.  Oxwall is very defective if anything goes wrong with any plugin update.  I don't blame the plugin authors as I am very grateful for them.

Steve

MrKiNgZ
MrKiNgZ Aug 22 '13
well no update AT ALL form oxwall... go oxwall late like always with no info. feeling ashamed or what?
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Aug 22 '13
give them a break they are doing all of this for us for free 
MrKiNgZ
MrKiNgZ Aug 22 '13
right but free or not they should get it done or give us a update.... it been 2 months from when it should have been out.......
MrKiNgZ
MrKiNgZ Aug 22 '13
and it may be free but we pay for themes and plugins soooooo they should get it done and dev for plugins and themes make money on here so it would suck for them if because oxwalll cant do what they say the devs will loss money if ppl go to a diff open source setup....
Damian
Damian Aug 23 '13
LOL I have the update the mobile version for oxwall will be out in 2020 when we no longer use mobile phones. Welcome to my world i have been asking for mobile for 3 years now.   
Ali
Ali Aug 24 '13
Quote from Paul Cuffe Oxwall tweet:

"Hello world! Some folks are getting impatient about 1.6, which we understand. Next week there will be an announcement about status quo." (22 Aug)

:-|

JB TECH
JB TECH Aug 24 '13
The status update next week will probably be them saying they need to extend it, and lie 1.5, we'll be waiting until December 19th for the update to finally arrive haha :D

But whatever the problem may be, I hope the mobile release is soon. I will lose a lot, literally, A LOT of members who wanted to join via mobile :/
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Aug 24 '13
The software is so bloated already that it practically needs a rewrite.  I say give them all the time they need to do it right.  This could be the best social networking option on the planet with a bit of tweaking.
Pete
Pete Aug 24 '13
Some latest news about the mobile addon it will be available  on August  2016   lol  
The Forum post is edited by Pete Aug 24 '13
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Aug 24 '13
why is everyone fretting let them take there time it means its will be better when its done 
Pete
Pete Aug 24 '13

Quote from Kieron (thestatusfeed.com)
why is everyone fretting let them take there time it means its will be better when its done 

Im not fretting ,I don't realy care ,I have a mobile addon on my new site I am building http://fancyflirts.co.uk/mobile.php   I just feel sorry for some of my fellow oxwall friends that or posting messages on there websites telling there members that a mobile addon will be coming in August . To keep letting your members down on any website ,is one hell of a sure way to lose your members .
The Forum post is edited by Pete Aug 24 '13
Pete
Pete Aug 24 '13
I think oxwall is quite good for free ,but just a little slow ,if this problem could be addressest and fixed oxwall would be pritey good and gain a hell of a lot more users .I don't no why oxwall do not place google ads on there website to aid and help them fund this project .
Pete
Pete Aug 24 '13

Quote from Steve Winter
The software is so bloated already that it practically needs a rewrite.  I say give them all the time they need to do it right.  This could be the best social networking option on the planet with a bit of tweaking.

Paul is building a new social networking software script so try this instead Steve when its out, if you feel this strong about oxwall
JB TECH
JB TECH Aug 24 '13

Quote from Steve Winter The software is so bloated already that it practically needs a rewrite.  I say give them all the time they need to do it right.  This could be the best social networking option on the planet with a bit of tweaking.

You can't simply "re-write" the entire software this far in. It'd be a drastic thing for everyone who uses it. One is because it will be brand new, meaning all current themes/plugins would not work with it, and many users who update would end up losing all of their site's data and more. Writing a Social Software is quite the task to, me and Paul have had a good amount of troubles with our own several times.

So in the end, updating with the mobile addition will be better then losing everything to re-make the software.
Damian
Damian Aug 24 '13
LOL here's the update. we cud not complete the 1.6 in time. We will need some more time to do so. So we will release 1.-6 with a few bug fixes. LOL let's have some fun people ever thing comes in it's time 2020 
JB TECH
JB TECH Aug 25 '13
Quote from Damian Norris LOL here's the update. we cud not complete the 1.6 in time. We will need some more time to do so. So we will release 1.-6 with a few bug fixes. LOL let's have some fun people ever thing comes in it's time 2020 

Their little update (hopefully sometime today since it's the next week now) is going to go in one of two ways. First let me say, it's not going to be a release, because they do BETA testing on Major updates of the software, and I nor any other testers have heard word. Now, this is what I know what they will say:

1)Beta-testing released; They may announce the release for BETA testing. I highly doubt this though, since in their tweet they wrote about the 'status' of 1.6. Which isn't too good to tell your users, since you already wrote a post about the status.

-or-

2)The update was pushed back; They most likely say the project was pushed back further (hence the word 'status' and '*quo' being used) because of needing to debug or something else. 

This is all I'll say now, if you're reading this Oxwall team. Please, consider for the next major update after 1.6, about giving more details, info, and screenshots about how and what is the update doing. If you really want to claim Oxwall as the 'best,' then you shouldn't leave the users (especially those with plugins and themes) hanging in the dark.

Damian
Damian Aug 26 '13

Quote from Jake Brunton
Quote from Damian Norris LOL here's the update. we cud not complete the 1.6 in time. We will need some more time to do so. So we will release 1.-6 with a few bug fixes. LOL let's have some fun people ever thing comes in it's time 2020 

Their little update (hopefully sometime today since it's the next week now) is going to go in one of two ways. First let me say, it's not going to be a release, because they do BETA testing on Major updates of the software, and I nor any other testers have heard word. Now, this is what I know what they will say:

1)Beta-testing released; They may announce the release for BETA testing. I highly doubt this though, since in their tweet they wrote about the 'status' of 1.6. Which isn't too good to tell your users, since you already wrote a post about the status.

-or-

2)The update was pushed back; They most likely say the project was pushed back further (hence the word 'status' and '*quo' being used) because of needing to debug or something else. 

This is all I'll say now, if you're reading this Oxwall team. Please, consider for the next major update after 1.6, about giving more details, info, and screenshots about how and what is the update doing. If you really want to claim Oxwall as the 'best,' then you shouldn't leave the users (especially those with plugins and themes) hanging in the dark.

lol i am sorry here's the truth. Time to bring out the rill story. The 1.6 was stolen by 2 extraterrestrials in a bar last week in California
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »
This topic is locked