We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Is Oxwall Version 1.6 released? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Aug 8 '13
Quote from Paul Cuffe Steve, I am the maker of anti spammer so I can supply u a private updated copy of that, although its going to be updated and re-put back when 1.6 is open for public

Thanks!  Will the update work on my current version?   If there are updates to plugins that are backward compatible it could make for an easier upgrade if the plugins had already been upgraded.   

I hope they/you are fixing the issue where any failure of the plugin update process locks one out of their admin panel and locks their site in maintenance mode.
And ditto regarding your plugin.  It is great.
Regards,Steve

Rahul verma
Rahul verma Aug 8 '13
Quote from Steve Winter   If there are updates to plugins that are backward compatible it could make for an easier upgrade if the plugins had already been upgraded.   

you are facing update 1st time steve ?

they r taking time caz they test everything to make sure that everything is working.

and you will get update of most of  all plugins as well

worry less 

"life is good and it always will be " :P

Steve Winter
Steve Winter Aug 8 '13
What about themes like http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/443 (which is the one I use with some custom stuff)?

Also I have these, some paid and some not, installed.

NewsfeedNewsfeed with likes and comments, Facebook-style
MailboxUser mailbox for private messages
FriendsFriending functionality to be used across multiple features
Activity notificationsReal-time and email notifications about site activity
Image SlideshowImage Slideshow
BlogsUser blogs with archives, tags, comments and rates
GroupsSimple groups within one site
LinksWeb links sharing, Digg-style
PhotoAllow users to upload photos with tags, rates, and comments
VideoAllow users to embed videos with comments, rates, and tags
ForumSimple discussion boards for users
EventsCreate public and private events within your community, let people RSVP and discuss
PrivacyPrivacy settings for users to manage who sees their profiles and content.
User IP TrackerDisplays IP address of each members in the profile based on their last login or Join IP address. Only Admin can view the IP address. Works with Oxwall 1.4 and 1.5 versions.
New User AlertNotifies Admin with an Email when an user is newly registered in your Oxwall network
Anti SpammerAntispammer (Oxwall 1.4 and 1.5) Protect your site from spammers and unwanted people!
Private Message ViewerAdmin can view all the private conversations of the members secretly. Supports user filtering and works with Oxwall 1.4 and 1.5 versions.
Page ReporterLets a user report abuse on a page quickly
Login As UserPlugin allows site administrator and site moderators to login with other users credentials with just one click
Sitemap GeneratorSitemap Generator plugin with features like auto sitemap generation, Gzip compression, multi-sitemap files processing and auto ping search engines. Admin can customize Frequency and Priority of URLs. Works fine with SEO plugin. Compatible with Oxwall 1.4 and 1.5 versions.
CloudFlare integrationImplements Cloudflare service support
Cache ExtremeClear the cache while not in DEV-mode

See my concern?

Regards,

Steve

The Forum post is edited by Steve Winter Aug 8 '13
MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Aug 8 '13
Paul you know I am a big fan of Anti Spammer. I would luv to see an update. :)
Edson Francis
Edson Francis Aug 10 '13
can't wait!...
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Aug 12 '13
Quote from Paul Cuffe Anti Spammer 2 will be out soon (Free of course!) it gonna have some re-worked code to improve speed, updated DB files and other stuff to help.

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!

MrKiNgZ
MrKiNgZ Aug 13 '13
ok back to 1.6, where is it lol.
MrKiNgZ
MrKiNgZ Aug 13 '13
when you all said August i was thinking the beginning not the end... just seeing if you have a date yet?
MrKiNgZ
MrKiNgZ Aug 13 '13
you say follow your blog but nothing has be said about 1.6 on your blog other then in  june
Rahul verma
Rahul verma Aug 14 '13
half Augest gone :(

Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Aug 14 '13
they told me the same. Follow the blog but there's no new news in the blog
ross Team
ross Aug 14 '13
The news will be there as soon as we got the release. Guys, please, be patient
Rahul verma
Rahul verma Aug 14 '13
Quote from Paul Cuffe                                  i would rather they took the time and do it right than just rush and make a mess

agreed 
JB TECH
JB TECH Aug 14 '13
I'd personally love to have mobile released ASAP, but then again I'd rather let my users have a nice, easy, simple mobile experience. So take the time you guys need.

MrKiNgZ
MrKiNgZ Aug 17 '13
i agree but some update on where there are at or when they think it will be out like a day. there already 2 months behind on it and last  info update was 2 months ago also. and i know they are working hard beccause they want it to be perfect and i know we all appreciate that but keep us updated is all im asking.
Josh
Josh Aug 17 '13
Having cell access is a luxery. I say they can spend all the years they want on 1.6.
Rahul verma
Rahul verma Aug 18 '13
as they said it will be in august and if it have to come in august then it is coming out within 12 days only .. hehehe  
Karen
Karen Aug 19 '13
Looking forward to the new release! 
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Aug 19 '13
There are SERIOUS SERIOUS defects in the current release, such as sending 20 copies of the same email to all the members when doing a mass emailing.   I would have thought that there would be built in safeguards to prevent such a thing from happening, but.....

Basic functionality and stability must be a higher priority than fancy features!!!

Steve

Edson Francis
Edson Francis Aug 21 '13
where is 1.6?...now already august 22...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »
This topic is locked