We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

CAN A SITE OWNER GET A REFUND FROM DEVELOPERS IF PLUGINS DONT WORK AS ADVERTISED ? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
dave Leader
dave Feb 4 '14

quote from your email

"i special forum category should be made to let developers and customers know what and when the changes will be made and implemented"

And who do you think is going to call those shots, Oxwall.. probably not, even with the best intentions.  Which is why i said dev and consumers.   Because it is a long way down the road before Oxwall has the manpower and resources to be able to sustain a dept dedicated to that level of developer oversite. 

Oxwall abides by all legal requirements, and yes they provide the environment in which dev's may offer what they do for sale or for free.  However, the financial transaction and agreement is between the consumer and the developer.  Oxwall does not require any purchased or developers plugins at all to function. It will function just fine on its own.  So it is not a requirement for anyone to purchase plugins for Oxwall to run.  That being said the caution is on the part of the consumer to be aware of that fact which is also stated in the policies.

I am not saying i discount your intent, i am saying that Oxwall does its part as established in the policies and if those policies need to be ammended it is not for me to decide.

To answer the original question of this topic.  Oxwall encourages you to report such things to them when the happen, they will take the action they deem necessary that is within their legal right to do so.  Such things do not happen overnight as investigations take time.  There are always two sides to every story.  And Oxwall listens to both.

I depend on the team as much as anyone, as i said we have suggested the idea in public, and that is where it stands.  If you want to push your idea further you are more than welcome to shoot an email to Allia, or another team member.

tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 4 '14
"i special forum category should be made to let developers and customers know what and when the changes will be made and implemented"

yes so how in hell did u get to this 

As per your idea of having a new forum topic designed around developers and consumers communicating, that was the idea behind the plugin support posts, but the problem is that developers do not want posts there.  Most issues are solved via email and until we can come up with a system that devs will gladly follow, having a new forum topic will not work.

and you have shown you mentality by trying to big note your self and answer in a forum stuff said in an im message and what did it get you nothing 
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 4 '14
dave my conclusion is your a tosser and i will not waste anymore of my time on you  
dave Leader
dave Feb 4 '14

ok i explained all that, now your just going off the deep end, talking dribble, and being insulting for no reason so i will end our converstion with this. 

The only way to secure your idea in full form is to change the system to where developers sell their plugins directly to Oxwall and Oxwall controls the total store environment. This way if they do not update their product Oxwall will not buy from them anymore.   But this will only work at such time that Oxwall has the resouces and manpower to do such a thing. 

I am sorry that i was not able to answer your concerns to your liking but you are more than welcome to contact a staff member if you would like to discuss your idea with them directly.

And now i am done with this conversation.. :)  But i will add that personal verbal abuse is a quick way to get your account closed, and you banned..  Please refrain from such things.

The Forum post is edited by dave Feb 4 '14
Pages: « 1 2 3 4
This topic is locked