We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Email from Oxwall site marked as Spam | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 1 '15
okey i understand but nothing content works for pass microsoft outlook smartscreen filter when my mail go out from my website ...i was change content totally serveral times and almost have a blank email send out just say "Hi" but still blocked. 

The strange is that other people have same problem like me and they get tired about this problem and use a third part service that are sometimes expensive.

and what i not understand is why people like to say on this forum it help to change content in mail when in fact nothing get better for change any content. but i will try find out why mails send from my webmail with roundcube pass and why not my mail from my oxwall website pass. i feel there is something with the host or oxwall to blame for this outlook problem. 

i spend 1 week to solve this and i have score 10 in http://www.mail-tester.com/

tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 1 '15
Theres no other script anywhere that the makes of it deliberately  make it so bad that users emails get put on every spam list 

Maybe oxwall thinks it funny

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 1 '15
i think it not oxwall to blame for this its all people who use oxwall website. some are use the sites for spam people thats why i think outlook get tired of oxwall communitys and try detect oxwall websites in they smart screen filter for blocking them. but how can they see i sending email from a oxwall website? i think it should bee a solution for this and i see no oxwall team members want go in answer this problem and i guess they sites they use are not have that problem ...it is like if oxwall give a fix for it then outlook will try block that fix to because spam oxwall sites take advantage of the fixes so maybe they not want fix it and just let it bee like now ...content is spam as standard and no helping change content to or get 10 in score when check in that website

i want to know what the outlook smartscreen filter detect so i can fix that on my website and i think microsoft will never tell me why my mail get blocked... they only want making money on third part services for people that use oxwall sites...they seems to not care about this problem. is small problem for them ...how many oxwall websites are there on internet including skadate websites... somebody who know?.i would like to know so i could understand why microsoft not care about oxwall websites get blocked in outlook.

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Nov 1 '15
Tecca
Tecca Nov 1 '15
My mail server gets 10/10, and 8.5 for the lowest when it includes an invitation link (technically a temporary, broken link). Maybe it does have something to do with Oxwall, but I'd check how emails are being sent first. Make sure you have DKIM, the IP address of your Oxwall site is white-listed in your DNS, etc.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 1 '15
my domain, website name and website ip is only 3 weeks old so there is nothing blacklisted....and like i said 100 times now my mail works perfect when i send from my webmail with roundcube directly to a outlook account with invitations letter then it pass and works great...but when i use my oxwall website so send out mail it gets in junk mail 

again there is no problem with my ip to my website i get 10/10 like you when check.

it most bee my host or oxwall website that make problem when send from my oxwall website not from my webmail

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 1 '15
can someone put my webmail roundcube inside my oxwall website? then my problem would bee solved :) guide me someone how to fix this with out pay a expensive third part service
Aliya Team
Aliya Nov 2 '15
Some useful links for those who are facing Smartscreen issues with Outlook: https://www.google.com//?gws_rd=ssl

Oxwall or any other script can not control where email will land. When email leaves the Oxwall software, it is up to your mail servers, your email and email providers to deliver the email.

@Marcus  , outlook support team mentioned that their filters can put certain email into spam simply due to keywords used within the email. So may be you might want to try and change titles of your emails to something else?

I have personally tested verification emails. I have registered one user with gmail account and one with outlook. Outlook put the verification email into Spam box. Gmail didn't. So I think that the matter is indeed more within the Outlook as mail provider . When I changed title of my verification email to a random staff not really related to verification, email landing into inbox. Might work for you as well if you haven't tried that already.

The Forum post is edited by Aliya Nov 2 '15
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 2 '15
i try everything i think it is my host because i use a shared server and not have one ip when send out emails from my mail servers host...and this email ip some are black listed and some are very good i check it already....so what to do if you no money buy a expensive dedicated web server with static ip and email with static iP? another option go for SMTP third part solution but they are expensive to if you want a static ip to build up you email reputation on. Someone use a good SMTP service that they can recommend and that have static ip and not to much expensive then post it here :)
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 2 '15
you can use any service like yahoo gmail 
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 3 '15

Quote from Tammy if you do a forum search i have answered this many times
also test your mail server set up go here
http://www.mail-tester.com/
copy the email addy and in admin invite that addy then go back and click check your score

once you have fixed  rdns and all the other things and got good score
then go admin language and change every word DEAR to Hi
and theres other words you need to changes as spam bots streught up make it as spam

search google on spam filter words

then you have sign up to all the providers like gmail and yahoo mail policy bullcrap things
so u get mail when aholes mark your mail as spam so u can ban that person ip from your site so they can not do it more
as the more they do the lower your mail sending reputation is lowered

its fair bit work you have to do but in the end all your mail will go to inbox

test both my sites and every mail goes straight to inbox

i forgot this bit make a account here it will send you mail on how your mail server is doing and if it gets blacklisted 
has cool testing things as well
http://mxtoolbox.com/
Oxwall Tips
Oxwall Tips Nov 3 '15
Marcus,  I use following SMTP service https://sendgrid.com/
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Tips Nov 3 '15
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 3 '15
also if you use cloudflare then no matter how good your server mailer is set up and how good your sending reputation is all mail will go to spam as your rdns gets messed up

Tecca
Tecca Nov 4 '15
Yes, I wouldn't recommend Cloudflare. Use something like AWS Cloudfront instead. It can use origin pull just like Cloudflare, or push from an S3 bucket.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 5 '15
I will try https://sendgrid.com/ SMTP service today

now i have cloudflare should i stop use cloudflare for make sendgrid work best?

tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 5 '15
I never try sendgrid

Once you are set up do the test above to see any problems

Emily
Emily Nov 20 '15

These are the ways to keep your Email out of Spam Folder

1. Don’t use false or misleading header information

2. Don’t use deceptive subject lines

3. Identify the message as an ad

4. Tell recipients where you’re located

5. Tell recipients how to opt-out of receiving future email from you

6. Honor opt-out requests promptly

7. Monitor what others are doing on your behalf

8. Avoid Spam Trigger Words and Phishing Phrases

9. Include a Text Version of Your Email if You Are Sending HTML Emails

10. Use Permission Marketing Techniques

11. Use Spam Checkers Before Sending Your Emails

12. Get Off Blacklists

13. Maintain a Good Text to Image Ratio

14. Avoid Spam Traps because nowadays many people use Antispam Filter to their email even I have my Comodo Antispam to avoid spam emails. So better check for it.

15. Avoid Large Attachments and Certain Attachment Types

16. Make Sure Your DKIM, SPF, Sender-ID, and Domain Keys Are Set Up Properly

Peter Groft
Peter Groft Aug 6 '22
Stop your emails from being marked as spam

- Remove bad addresses

- Clean your old data

- Segment your audience by engagement

- Review your “opt-ins”

- Remove spam complaints

- Stay out of the spam folder

This May Help,

Peter

Peter Groft
Peter Groft Sep 5 '22
The first and most obvious reason for your emails ending up in spam is because your recipients put them there. Even if your content is strong and the recipient expressly gave you permission to contact them, they may still decide to mark your email as spam as a way to clean up a cluttered inbox.

This May Help,

Peter

Pages: « 1 2