We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Update a website | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Apoorv
Apoorv Oct 8 '14
I have to update a website that was developed on oxwall. The problem is that I don't have source code, the website is present in server. How can I download that website from the server?
Michael
Michael Oct 8 '14
You need to create a backup and then download the backed up version
ross Team
ross Oct 8 '14
I'm sorry Apporv, what do you mean you don't have source code? I don't understand what the problem is. Please elaborate.
Apoorv
Apoorv Oct 9 '14
The website which I have to update was developed 3 years ago!! The problem is that mentor is not providing me the initial source code of the website as he don't have any copy of it and also they are not providing me server access right now. They are saying me to show the update first and when you will be with your update , You can than upload it. So that is the problem, Is there any way , that i can download website and update it???????? Because I just have to change the look and feel of website , update all the plugins, and add few more functionality to the website without manipulating the original functionality of the website!!!!
Peatech LLC
Peatech LLC Oct 9 '14

Quote from Apoorv The website which I have to update was developed 3 years ago!! The problem is that mentor is not providing me the initial source code of the website as he don't have any copy of it and also they are not providing me server access right now. They are saying me to show the update first and when you will be with your update , You can than upload it. So that is the problem, Is there any way , that i can download website and update it???????? Because I just have to change the look and feel of website , update all the plugins, and add few more functionality to the website without manipulating the original functionality of the website!!!!
Well, if you want you could hack it. That is not recommended though, as hacking is wrong. Just tell the owners of the server about the update (refer them to this website with the update link) and ask them to give you server access again.

Honestly, this really isn't an Oxwall problem or forum worthy, and should (at highest priority) be discussed between whoever owns the server.

~Jake,
Head of Developments.
www.ewtnet.us
ross Team
ross Oct 9 '14
Chris, Jake +1