We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Anyone else noticing poor performance or errors after upgrading to 1.7.2 ? | Forum

Dominick
Dominick Jan 26 '15
Anyone else noticing poor after upgrading to 1.7.2? Since I upgraded the the core last week, I'm having very poor performance.

In addition, 2 weeks ago my host provider migrated me to a newer server with more memory and the latest version of MySQL. I saw a notable increase in performance after until I upgraded to 1.7.2.

As I am trying to root out the causes of these errors, I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing the same with out of memory errors? 

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 61341696) (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /home/nakedgam/public_html/ow_core/entity.php on line 65

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 52428800) (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /home/nakedgam/public_html/ow_core/entity.php on line 69

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 15728640) (tried to allocate 12288 bytes) in /home/nakedgam/public_html/ow_plugins/forum/bol/forum_service.php on line 637

The Forum post is edited by Dominick Jan 26 '15
ross Team
ross Jan 27 '15
Unfortunately no. 

Increase your PHP memory limit in php.ini or contact your hosting provider to assist you. 

Kelvin
Kelvin Jan 27 '15
Be carefully to upgrade your Oxwall version. Make sure everything else is compatible with 1.7.2 or you will have a lot of bugs. Then your site will shut down because you eat 100% system memory for a long time.
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 27 '15
Hi Ross,

Im on Cloud but i get the same issue, it was working fine on shared after i upgraded my hosting to  :

• 2x 3.0GHz CPU
  • 2GB DDR3 RAM
  • 60GB Disk Space
  • 5TB Bandwidth

My site is https://www.myvirgo.info and it is verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyy Slooooooooooooooooww !!
The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi Jan 27 '15
ross Team
ross Jan 27 '15
What same issue, provide your errors, please?

What part of the site is slow? All of it or probably just some of them?

How many user do you have? How many active user? 

How many third-party plugins have you installed on your website?

The Forum post is edited by ross Jan 27 '15
Webster Molaudi
Hi Ross.

What same issue, provide your errors, please? Same errors as above - Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 61341696) (tried to allocate 72 bytes)

What part of the site is slow? All of it or probably just some of them? All of it

How many user do you have? How many active user? 13K User, In a day between 2 - 10 and 500 - 1,000 visitors / hits

How many third-party plugins have you installed on your website? +/- 100

The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi Jan 27 '15
Kelvin
Kelvin Jan 27 '15
Also provide your current CPU and RAM usage.
Kelvin
Kelvin Jan 27 '15
Molaudi I think some of your plugins are not supported with Oxwall 1.7.2. It causes this kind of issue. You have to make sure every plugin works with 1.7.2. or you have to rollback to Oxwall 1.7.1 or you have to remove those plugins.
ross Team
ross Jan 27 '15
Provide the whole text of the error please. 
ross Team
ross Jan 27 '15
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Webster Molaudi
Hi there,

Im not sure waiting for Response im not familiar with the new Cpanel but i got this :
http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/c00aF4/https://www.myvirgo.info/

Once my hosting respond i will update
Webster Molaudi
This is the message from my hosting company :

According to my checks the server stats are pretty much perfect at the moment. Here are the details:

top - 06:23:47 up 4 days, 2:47, 1 user, load average: 1.51, 2.54, 1.75

The active connections are nearly 20:

1 127.0.0.1
1 54.82.156.32
1 66.249.64.23
1 66.249.64.27
7 87.118.135.65
10 209.85.112.32

and your website is working fine. As the issue in this ticket is addressed and we will gladly do our best to analyze the case further as soon as you post a new ticket and request revision.

Best Regards,
Leonid G.
Support Team
Webster Molaudi
Hi Ross,

This is the errors i get :

Warning: Unknown: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in Unknown on line 0

Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/myvirgo3/public_html/index.php on line 30

Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/myvirgo3/public_html/ow_includes/init.php on line 24

Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/myvirgo3/public_html/ow_includes/init.php on line 25

Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/myvirgo3/public_html/ow_includes/init.php on line 26

Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/myvirgo3/public_html/ow_includes/init.php on line 27

Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/myvirgo3/public_html/ow_includes/init.php on line 28

Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/myvirgo3/public_html/ow_includes/init.php on line 29

Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/myvirgo3/public_html/ow_includes/init.php on line 30

Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/myvirgo3/public_html/ow_includes/init.php on line 31

Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/myvirgo3/public_html/ow_includes/init.php on line 32

Warning: include() [function.include]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/myvirgo3/public_html/ow_core/autoload.php on line 110

Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/myvirgo3/public_html/ow_includes/init.php on line 97

Warning: include() [function.include]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/myvirgo3/public_html/ow_core/autoload.php on line 110

Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/myvirgo3/public_html/ow_includes/init.php on line 98

Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/myvirgo3/public_html/ow_includes/init.php on line 99

-----

IF NOT THAT I GET A WHITE SPACE ON MY WEBSITE WHEN LOADING A PAGE WITH -->
Dominick
Dominick Jan 29 '15
I updated every plugin on my site and I am still receiving the errors. In fact, it's worse than before. I put request in to Increase my PHP memory limit in php.ini as you suggest.

I will post an update shortly...

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 30 '15
Hi Ross,

I spoke to my hosting comany about the slowness and their investigation found this :

---

What caught my attention was the fact that the initial request took too long. Such long loading time could be caused by slow queries:

Code:

# Time: 150130 5:36:46
# User@Host: myvirgo3_aw[myvirgo3_aw] @ localhost []
# Thread_id: 292 Schema: myvirgo3_aw Last_errno: 0 Killed: 0
# Query_time: 1.067909 Lock_time: 0.000291 Rows_sent: 1 Rows_examined: 0 Rows_affected: 0 Rows_read: 0
# Bytes_sent: 75
SET timestamp=1422617806;
SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT `id`) FROM ( SELECT action.`id` FROM ow_newsfeed_action action
INNER JOIN ow_newsfeed_activity activity ON action.id = activity.actionId
INNER JOIN `ow_newsfeed_action_set` cactivity ON action.id = cactivity.actionId
INNER JOIN `ow_base_user` base_user_table_alias ON base_user_table_alias.`id` = `cactivity`.`userId` LEFT JOIN `ow_base_user_suspend` base_user_suspend_table_alias ON base_user_suspend_table_alias.`userId` = `base_user_table_alias`.`id`
INNER JOIN ow_newsfeed_action_feed action_feed ON activity.id=action_feed.activityId
LEFT JOIN ow_newsfeed_follow follow ON action_feed.feedId = follow.feedId AND action_feed.feedType = follow.feedType
WHERE (`base_user_suspend_table_alias`.`id` IS NULL) AND (`base_user_table_alias`.`emailVerify` = 1) AND cactivity.userId = 2708 AND activity.status='active' AND activity.timeStamp<1422617805 AND (
( follow.userId=2708 AND activity.visibility & 2 ) )

UNION

SELECT action.`id` FROM ow_newsfeed_action action
INNER JOIN `ow_base_user` base_user_table_alias ON base_user_table_alias.`id` = `cactivity`.`userId` LEFT JOIN `ow_base_user_suspend` base_user_suspend_table_alias ON base_user_suspend_table_alias.`userId` = `base_user_table_alias`.`id`
WHERE (`base_user_suspend_table_alias`.`id` IS NULL) AND (`base_user_table_alias`.`emailVerify` = 1) AND cactivity.userId = 2708 AND activity.status='active' AND activity.timeStamp<1422617805 AND (
( activity.userId=2708 AND activity.visibility & 4 ) )

UNION

INNER JOIN ow_newsfeed_action_feed action_feed ON activity.id=action_feed.activityId
WHERE (`base_user_suspend_table_alias`.`id` IS NULL) AND (`base_user_table_alias`.`emailVerify` = 1) AND cactivity.userId = 2708 AND activity.status='active' AND activity.timeStamp<1422617805
AND ( ( action_feed.feedId=2708 AND action_feed.feedType="user" AND activity.visibility & 8 ) )

UNION

INNER JOIN ow_newsfeed_activity subscribe ON activity.actionId=subscribe.actionId and subscribe.activityType='subscribe' AND subscribe.userId=2708
WHERE (`base_user_suspend_table_alias`.`id` IS NULL) AND (`base_user_table_alias`.`emailVerify` = 1) AND cactivity.userId = 2708 AND activity.status='active' AND activity.timeStamp<1422617805 ) a;
# Time: 150130 5:37:44
# User@Host: myvirgo3_aw[myvirgo3_aw] @ localhost []
# Thread_id: 346 Schema: myvirgo3_aw Last_errno: 0 Killed: 0
# Query_time: 1.131299 Lock_time: 0.000108 Rows_sent: 0 Rows_examined: 471781 Rows_affected: 0 Rows_read: 471781
# Bytes_sent: 313
SET timestamp=1422617864;
SELECT * FROM ow_oaseo_item WHERE `hash` = '730575964474fabe248e80f905befd67' LIMIT 0, 1;

The application also has quite large database :

Code:

354M /var/lib/mysql/myvirgo3_aw/ow_mailbox_user_last_data.
528M /var/lib/mysql/myvirgo3_aw/ow_oacompress_cache_item.
1.3G total

You may consider reducing the size of these tables. I believe it would also reduce the loading time of your server.

Yet, my personal recommendation is to contact a professional programmer who could take a look at your website and the slow queries it generates.

Best Regards,

Gospodin Pambelov
Technical Support Team

---

SOMETHING IS REALLY WRONG WITH OXWALL 1.7.2
The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi Jan 30 '15
Christer
Christer Jan 30 '15
Webster Molaudi man o man I feel for you. I tested to sign up on your site and it took more then 1 min before it opened. Even worse then mine but you have more members.
I do have issues same as you. very slow and I deactivated all 3 party plugins. Slow anyway, then deactivated message plugin fast as hell, Put it back and slow. So sure that there is a issue and no idea what to do? I read other posts that others have similar issue. I hope some fix coming soon, I mean very soon, like a week or so. And no active users or any traffic as this is not open yet for public so even worse when I start, wich I cant like this
The Forum post is edited by Christer Jan 30 '15
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 30 '15
@Christer......I know....Something is really wrong with Message plugin / Oxwall 1.7.2 in general i moved from shared to cloud but the site i could make coffee and it would get cold waiting for a page to load or times out :(.

Im on :  2 GB RAM / 60 GB Disk Space / 5TB Bandwidth / 2x 3.0GHz CPU
But it like im on some entry level hosting .....!!!!

I just trunscated my Mailbox tables now at least i managed to get less 10 seconds loading time on that 1 minute !!!

The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi Jan 30 '15
Christer
Christer Jan 30 '15
Ok its bad but I will let my coder have a look and see if can try the same and maybe cut a few seconds, still sucks and I will lose customer fast if its like this. Lets hope some solutions soon.
bobbi
bobbi Jan 30 '15
i just registered on your site well  i used facebook connect, been trying for 15 minute to complete profile it wont do it for some reason,  it is painfully slow, make sure your debug isnt enabled, 

i have 1.7.1 and due to the issues with the mailbox/chat plug in i only have mails i dont have the chat anymore, have you tried disabling chat to see if that quickens the site 

Pages: 1 2 3 »