We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Yay I lost all my old info and now can't get this to install | Forum

Alan
Alan Feb 7 '15
Okay so I am using IIS but I get this error when I try to install?

404 - File or directory not found.The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

No idea why because it IS in there???

ross Team
ross Feb 8 '15
When did you get this error?

Have you default htaccess file in the root of the software?

Alan
Alan Feb 9 '15
For the latter I have no idea, I used to have Oxwall in the past when I was using XAMPP, these days I use IIS instead so it seems something changed since the crossover. What would I need to do to the htaccess file?
ross Team
ross Feb 9 '15
You don't need to do anything, make sure it is there and has default content. If it so, make sure mod_rewrite is enabled on your server. 
Alan
Alan Feb 10 '15
Okay I guess it obviously doesn't have mod_rewrite lol, I installed it anyway but now I have to figure out what needs changing or to what it needs changing to :)
ross Team
ross Feb 10 '15
If you have default content of htaccess file. Then you need to make sure that the mod_rewrite module is enabled on the server. If it does not contact your hosting provider support team to enable it for you. If it is enabled get back to us. 
Alan
Alan Feb 10 '15
Okay I have had a little mes around and a search or two and have finally got it to start :D Was different before like several years ago because I was using XAMPP rather than IIS but yes it seems to be working and in order now thank you.
ross Team
ross Feb 10 '15
and what was cause of the issue, Alan?
Alan
Alan Feb 10 '15
Was that I needed to add an extra web.config as well as .htaccess so for ease of use for anybody else that gets this little error of nothing appearing this is what I added

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<configuration>

<system.webServer>

<rewrite>

<rules>

<rule name="Security Rule" stopProcessing="true">

<match url="^(.*)$" ignoreCase="false" />

<conditions logicalGrouping="MatchAny">

<add input="{QUERY_STRING}" pattern="mosConfig_[a-zA-Z_]{1,21}(=|\%3D)" ignoreCase="false" />

<add input="{QUERY_STRING}" pattern="base64_encode.*\(.*\)" ignoreCase="false" />

<add input="{QUERY_STRING}" pattern="(\&lt;|%3C).*script.*(\>|%3E)" />

<add input="{QUERY_STRING}" pattern="GLOBALS(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2})" ignoreCase="false" />

<add input="{QUERY_STRING}" pattern="_REQUEST(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2})" ignoreCase="false" />

</conditions>

<action type="CustomResponse" url="index.php" statusCode="403" statusReason="Forbidden" statusDescription="Forbidden" />

</rule>

<rule name="SEO Rule">

<match url="(.*)" ignoreCase="false" />

<conditions logicalGrouping="MatchAll">

<add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsFile" negate="true" pattern="" ignoreCase="false" />

<add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsDirectory" negate="true" pattern="" ignoreCase="false" />

<add input="{URL}" negate="true" pattern="^/index.php" ignoreCase="false" />

<add input="{URL}" pattern="(/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.feed|\.pdf|\.raw|/[^.]*)$" />

</conditions>

<action type="Rewrite" url="index.php" />

</rule>

</rules>

</rewrite>

</system.webServer>

</configuration>

The Forum post is edited by Alan Feb 10 '15
Alan
Alan May 5 '16
Meh got this error again >.<

404 - File or directory not found.The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

I have URL rewrite enabled still, not sure where I'm going wrong 

FailedReqLogFiles

The Forum post is edited by Alan May 5 '16
dave Leader
dave May 5 '16
Alan that link requires people to install that script or download that file. That is really not the best way to share a file or a safe way.   Why not just temporarily put the log into a file on the server and share the link, then you can remove the file and edit your post to remove the link when you have resolved the issue. 
The Forum post is edited by dave May 5 '16
Alan
Alan May 6 '16
I have put it onto a webpage instead lol

http://anarchist.ddns.net/file/

dave Leader
dave May 6 '16
Thanks, is this happening just on Firefox.  Is your phpbb3 the root public_html and oxwall is in a sub dir. How is your domain set up. 
dave Leader
dave May 6 '16
looks like you have also removed the oxwall attribution on your site and you have not been authorized to do that. Put it back and we can assist you further... Thanks 
Alan
Alan May 6 '16
What do you mean? I have only downloaded it again and tried to install it? It's happening with Chrome 
dave Leader
dave May 6 '16
What i mean is that when i look at this domain...  http://anarchist.ddns.net

It does not have the Oxwall attribution on the bottom of the page, is that your Oxwall domain?  Do you know what an attribution is Alan :) i can explain if you dont.

Alan
Alan May 6 '16
Not sure what an attribution is? Yes it will be if I can get it to install lol. Well anarchist.ddns.net is my homepage oxwall will be anarchist.ddns.net/anarchyhangout
The Forum post is edited by Alan May 6 '16
dave Leader
dave May 6 '16
The attribution is the oxwall logo on the bottom of the page, it must remain on the page unless you get authorization to remove it from here.  https://www.oxwall.org/donation

As long as you are not authorized and as long as the logo is missing we are not allowed to offer support of any kind.  

Alan
Alan May 6 '16
How do I add it?

dave Leader
dave May 6 '16
OK let me make sure i understand, you do not have it installed yet, you are trying to install it?   So that page is not oxwall it is just a front page correct, which will be overwitten when you install oxwall, is that correct?
The Forum post is edited by dave May 6 '16
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »