We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Question before buy: After installing the plugin will generate a new (friendly) url for all the old posts? - Advanced Blogs | Forum

Peter
Peter Oct 18 '15
After installing the plugin will generate a new (friendly) url for all the old posts?

If yes, it can harm SEO on bigger indexed sites.

Or you are using some kind of seo pluging on your demo site?

Or it will generate friendly url only for new posts?

Thank you for your quick response.
iDragon Solution Co., Ltd
Hi Peter,
We don't use any plugins related SEO to build friendly blog/article url.
It also works well with the old blog posts.
Peter
Peter Oct 19 '15
So, after installing the plugin will generate a new (friendly) url for all the old posts?

It is posible to redirect default posts url to new friendly one for old posts? If plugin change old url (for example: sitename.xy/blogs/2569/) of my 3000 blog posts indexed in google, it can drastically harm SEO.

deafult oxwalll blogs url type: sitename.xy/blogs/2569(post number)/
plugin url type: sitename.xy/blogs/post-name-nice-url/

do you know what I mean?:)
The Forum post is edited by Peter Oct 19 '15
iDragon Solution Co., Ltd

Quote from Peter So, after installing the plugin will generate a new (friendly) url for all the old posts?
Yes, as you're seeing on our demo site.
Quote from Peter
It is posible to redirect default posts url to new friendly one for old posts? If plugin change old url (for example: sitename.xy/blogs/2569/) of my 3000 blog posts indexed in google, it can drastically harm SEO.

deafult oxwalll blogs url type: sitename.xy/blogs/2569(post number)/
plugin url type: sitename.xy/blogs/post-name-nice-url/

do you know what I mean?:)
This is really a good question. We're now supporting to rediect the old blog posts url (sitename.xy/blogs/2569(post number)/) to friendly url (sitename.xy/blogs/post-name-nice-url/) from using 301 redirect. So the search engines will index the new link as understanding from old blog posts.

Ref: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/93633?hl=en

The Forum post is edited by iDragon Solution Co., Ltd Oct 21 '15
Peter
Peter Oct 22 '15
Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to hear:)
You do not have permission to reply this topic