We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Ross the Platform update completely errored on my site | Forum

ross Team
ross Jan 13 '16
Mian, Yes, you need to upload whole pack of ow_core_update

lower means decrease the value

Kenneth, please restore backup, switch to the default theme, disable 3rd party plugins and PM me your Cpanel access details and admin access details, I'll take a look and try to update your software. 

Mian Naveed
Mian Naveed Jan 14 '16
Dear Ross,

I send you cpanel detail for update of new version, Please advise when it will done,....

Stan
Stan Jan 14 '16
I cannot get this update to go through for love nor money. I've tried to update via the Oxwall admin panel and manually. I've deactivated non-core plugins and all plugins and I've decreased the build version within the database. No matter what, I end up with an Error 500.

Even after the manual update, I'd see a message which tells me that I have the latest version, but when I try to go back to the homepage or back to the admin panel, the page takes a lifetime to eventually end up with yet another Error 500. I'm really not sure what else I can try to force this update through, so it looks like I'll keep the previous version. I'll try to update again when the next version is released...

Eddie
Eddie Jan 14 '16
I've done all this, yet it's going back to v1.8.0
Adriano
Adriano Jan 14 '16

friend, to me is happening the same thing.

the previous version was working perfectly after updating it happens

-

excuse the English, I'm from Brazil and I am using google translate

JoshWho
JoshWho Jan 14 '16
Yeah there is a major bug in the upgrade. i told Ross that but they keep it in the download area any ways. I even said suspend it before you get a lot of people having the same issue and he told me it was because I didn't disable 3rd party plug ins.  Out of all the upgrades I have went through in the last 2 years in a half this is the first one that didn't work right and I new it wasn't my fault.
Adriano
Adriano Jan 14 '16

you could fix the site?

I'm in battle here haha

------

@ross

It is not the best available 1.8.0 which is working perfectly tidy up the 1.8.1?

The Forum post is edited by Adriano Jan 14 '16
ross Team
ross Jan 14 '16
Guys, when you upload the update pack, the files change of course, however the database doe's not correspond to the files, which is why you have 500 error. 

At this point you should run domain.com/ow_updates disregarding the error.  If you still get the error, you need to decrease the soft_built in the ow_base_config table and try to run  domain.com/ow_updates. 

Scott
Scott Jan 14 '16

Quote from ross Guys, when you upload the update pack, the files change of course, however the database doe's not correspond to the files, which is why you have 500 error. 

At this point you should run domain.com/ow_updates disregarding the error.  If you still get the error, you need to decrease the soft_built in the ow_base_config table and try to run  domain.com/ow_updates. 

How do you run this through ftp?
ross Team
ross Jan 14 '16
FTP has nothing do with this. You run domain.com/ow_updates in the browser
ross Team
ross Jan 14 '16
  1. Download Oxwall Update Pack at Oxwall.org/download;
  2. Unpack it to the root folder of your software install;
  3. Finalize update by calling yoursite.com/ow_updates .
Scott
Scott Jan 15 '16
Do I set dev mod to true?
The Forum post is edited by Scott Jan 15 '16
ross Team
ross Jan 15 '16
No
Scott
Scott Jan 15 '16
I did that.... now I get this....

404 Not Found

The server can not find the requested page:

tx2.fcomet.com/~insideth/ (port 80)

Please forward this error screen to tx2.fcomet.com's WebMaster.

ross Team
ross Jan 15 '16
Do you have default .htaccess file in the root of your software? 
Make sure it is not empty. Provide what content you have in that .htaccess file. 
Scott
Scott Jan 15 '16

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

AddEncoding gzip .gz

AddEncoding gzip .gzip

<FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$">

ForceType text/javascript

</FilesMatch>

<FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$">

ForceType text/css

</FilesMatch>

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_cron/run\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/e500\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/captcha\.php

#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]

RewriteRule (.*) index.php

ross Team
ross Jan 15 '16
if I enter this url: http://tx2.fcomet.com/~insideth/index.php I can see your website, that means something is wrong with the mod_rewrite it is not properly configured. contact your hosting provider to resolve this. 
Mian Naveed
Mian Naveed Jan 16 '16
with the updated 1.8.1, i don't have a idea where is publicity banner show...
Mian Naveed
Mian Naveed Jan 16 '16
first time i see web without search button. Please oxwall team add search button facility like facebook....
UTAN
UTAN Jan 17 '16
Don't want to hijack , but I also had issues updating with the auto update..
Unfortunately I couldn't update and reverted to previous build..
OW Debug - Exception Message: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'key' in 'field list' File: /root/ow_core/database.php Line: 723 Trace: #0 /root/ow_core/database.php(723): PDOStatement->execute() #1 /root/ow_core/database.php(476): OW_Database->execute('INSERT INTO `ow...', Array) #2 /root/ow_core/database.php(512): OW_Database->insert('INSERT INTO `ow...', Array) #3 /root/ow_core/base_dao.php(216): OW_Database->insertObject('ow_RDVZbase_the...', Object(BOL_Theme)) #4 /root/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/theme_service.php(210): OW_BaseDao->save(Object(BOL_Theme)) #5 /root/ow_core/application.php(800): BOL_ThemeService->updateThemeList() #6 /root/ow_core/application.php(583): OW_Application->updateCachedEntities(1) #7 /root/ow_core/application.php(172): OW_Application->devActions() #8 /root/index.php(54): OW_Application->init() #9 {main} Type: PDOException

I have the old 1.8 documents now but the database got updated because I have the 1.8.1 build showing...

any thoughts..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »