We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Ross the Platform update completely errored on my site | Forum

JoshWho
JoshWho Jan 17 '16

Quote from UTAN Don't want to hijack , but I also had issues updating with the auto update..
Unfortunately I couldn't update and reverted to previous build..
OW Debug - Exception Message: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'key' in 'field list' File: /root/ow_core/database.php Line: 723 Trace: #0 /root/ow_core/database.php(723): PDOStatement->execute() #1 /root/ow_core/database.php(476): OW_Database->execute('INSERT INTO `ow...', Array) #2 /root/ow_core/database.php(512): OW_Database->insert('INSERT INTO `ow...', Array) #3 /root/ow_core/base_dao.php(216): OW_Database->insertObject('ow_RDVZbase_the...', Object(BOL_Theme)) #4 /root/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/theme_service.php(210): OW_BaseDao->save(Object(BOL_Theme)) #5 /root/ow_core/application.php(800): BOL_ThemeService->updateThemeList() #6 /root/ow_core/application.php(583): OW_Application->updateCachedEntities(1) #7 /root/ow_core/application.php(172): OW_Application->devActions() #8 /root/index.php(54): OW_Application->init() #9 {main} Type: PDOException

I have the old 1.8 documents now but the database got updated because I have the 1.8.1 build showing...

any thoughts..
The Oxwall team does not operate on the weekends so they wont reply back until monday.

I have made a tutorial for how to fix the bug for the 1.8.1 autoupdate located here  http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/44433

The Forum post is edited by JoshWho Jan 17 '16
UTAN
UTAN Jan 17 '16
Thanks , I am planning to update in the vmware image I have of the server , before I updated all went fine in the testbed but in the live site it went to shhhhh...

Problem was that the testbed didn't have current database of the live site so I need to reupdate with the site current database..

I appreciate your help though.. you are so kind.

regards
UTAN
UTAN Jan 17 '16
Lol, its failing to update in my testbed...

I smell something buggy in the new update.. will keep trying my current database..

I'll see what happens.
UTAN
UTAN Jan 17 '16
I found out that the update messed up with my database , ow_base_Theme and ow_base_plugin didn't correctly get updates missing some new updates..

Giving me the errors I had.. imported them from a successful update to my current site damaged table..

Worked in my testbed will see if goes well in the live site.
ross Team
ross Jan 17 '16
Mian, in the admin panel I see you already have 1.8.1, however I could not check for sure as you have changed your Cpanel access details over the weekend. Sorry for not responding we do not work on the weekend. 
ross Team
UTAN
UTAN Jan 17 '16
@ross, I did lower the build number to get the ow_update to work and it seemed to update but when trying to go to index the errors above that I posted came back..

So when I did all explained here did it in the testbed with the current live site database but it was damaged or should I said couldn't get updated somehow..

So with the old database that was successful  where I tested the update to see If I could roll out in the live site, just hunted down the query that Oxwall was trying to run,

at first was the ow_theme missing updates then when fixed gave me the error with the plugin. Since I had my updated  just saved the tables that I need and dropped the non updated tables from the live site database and imported it..

Which was a success I have the site running with the new update and database is good now..

One thing I really hated is the error reporting that Oxwall has, is not showing the database query to know what tables are being queried..

Had to var_dump the lines the script stopped working,  really unfriendly error reporting...

regards..
ross Team
ross Jan 18 '16
Utan, if you pm me your Cpanel access details and admin website access details, I'll be happy to update the site for you. 
UTAN
UTAN Jan 18 '16
@ross, thanks it is already updated... I posted it above..
ross Team
ross Jan 18 '16
It is not properly update if you still see the errors. 
UTAN
UTAN Jan 18 '16
There are no more errors.. at all.. files has been updated a well the database..
JoshWho
JoshWho Jan 18 '16
Good deal im glad you got it sorted out.
ross Team
ross Jan 18 '16
Oh, ok, then. Thanks for letting us know. 
UTAN
UTAN Jan 18 '16
@JoshWho thanks to you too..

regards fellas..
ross Team
ross Jan 18 '16
Kenneth, please check, I have updated your site. 
Enrico
Enrico Jan 23 '16
Hi guys, sorry, I'm following your topic because I have the same problem. After the update something went wrong and now I got the same error message about the database. 

I tried to repeat the installation manually putting a lower value on OW BASE CONFIG. I got there 10200.... what I need to put ? Any lower value ? Like 1050 for example ?

If i change that value to 10199 and then I type mysite.com/ow_updates I got back UPDATE COMPLETE to 1.8.1 (but the site still doesn't work).

If I change it to 999 the site takes 30 seconds and after that gives me back a long page with the debug (i think) with many mistakes (i leave here a screen shot but the list is much longer than the one you can see here.

Please, help me. I like OXWALL and I do not want to move to something else :-(

Thank you

Enri

The Forum post is edited by Enrico Jan 23 '16
Attachments:
  debug.jpg (117Kb)
UTAN
UTAN Jan 23 '16
Hi mate,

I had the same issue, devs don't think is a bug upgrading but i think it is..

If you lower the build in config of the database and u still come up with same error then only thing i see is @ross helping u upgrading the database or from a backup that hasn't been tried to upgrade to 1.8.1 to upgrade and see if it a success or you will need to hunt down the tables that didn't get upgrade..

A pain in the rear arse I hope u sort this out successfully..

Regards.
Enrico
Enrico Jan 23 '16
Thank you Utan. It is my fault because I didn't check the instructions before.
JoshWho
JoshWho Jan 24 '16
It's not completely your fault. There is a bug in the update. A lot of other users all had the same problem. Ross didn't tell me exactly what he had to do to complete the update on mine but i think mine was a little different than every one else's. I have a lot of caching stuff going on in the background and it was causing me to see errors that wasn't really there any more. Try using a different browser try to run the update script it might ask you to login and then actually upgrade it. 
Enrico
Enrico Jan 24 '16
Just to let you know the guys of Bluehost have fixed the problem for me. Honestly I don't know how but they did. The first thing I want to do now is a backup of my website. Can I ask you how I can do it ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »