We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Ross the Platform update completely errored on my site | Forum

Enrico
Enrico Jan 24 '16
Quote from Enrico Just to let you know the guys of Bluehost have fixed the problem for me. Honestly I don't know how but they did. The first thing I want to do now is a backup of my website. Can I ask you how I can do it ?

No, sorry, still the same problem. After the service from my hosting provider everything was working well with the new version 1.8.1. I went to the admin page and OXWALL asked me to do the update of the plugin DB. I tried and I had back the usual error message:

Error 500
Internal Server Error.
If you are the site admin, click here for details (+)Something went wrong!
To get the error details follow these steps:
- Open ow_includes/config.php file and set DEBUG_MODE to true
- Reproduce your last action.Error details:Type:ExceptionMessage:SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'key' in 'field list'File:/home1/dimensq3/public_html/ow_core/database.phpLine:723Trace:#0 /home1/dimensq3/public_html/ow_core/database.php(723): PDOStatement->execute() #1 /home1/dimensq3/public_html/ow_core/database.php(476): OW_Database->execute('INSERT INTO `ow...', Array) #2 /home1/dimensq3/public_html/ow_core/database.php(512): OW_Database->insert('INSERT INTO `ow...', Array) #3 /home1/dimensq3/public_html/ow_core/base_dao.php(216): OW_Database->insertObject('ow_rdabase_them...', Object(BOL_Theme)) #4 /home1/dimensq3/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/theme_service.php(210): OW_BaseDao->save(Object(BOL_Theme)) #5 /home1/dimensq3/public_html/ow_core/application.php(800): BOL_ThemeService->updateThemeList() #6 /home1/dimensq3/public_html/ow_core/application.php(583): OW_Application->updateCachedEntities(1) #7 /home1/dimensq3/public_html/ow_core/application.php(172): OW_Application->devActions() #8 /home1/dimensq3/public_html/index.php(54): OW_Application->init() #9 {main}

Enrico
Enrico Jan 24 '16
Sorry for all these messages but I'm trying to fix this big problem.

I've changed the name of the NEWSFEED plugin directory. The website was sending back the same message. I've changed again the name of the Newsfeed plugin directory to the original name. Now my web site is ON but without the newsfeed. I wish to deactivate the plugin but if I visit my admin page I got JUST one way to take (screenshot attached here called ADMIN). Oxwall says I MUST do the update of the DB plugin because the source code of NEWSFEED was updated. I'm not able to go in any other admin page :-((( So, the only way is to do the update of the DB plugin. If I press on UPDATE I go a page with many database errors (I've attached here a second screenshot called ADMIN2).

No more ideas.... Is there any way to deactivate the plugins without using the admin page ?

Attachments:
  admin.jpg (37Kb)
  admin2.jpg (38Kb)
ross Team
ross Jan 25 '16
as to this error: 

Error 500
Internal Server Error.
- Reproduce your last action.Error details:Type:ExceptionMessage:SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'key' in 'field list'File:/home1/dimensq3/public_html/ow_core/database.phpLine:723Trace:#0 /home1/dimensq3/public_html/ow_core/database.php(723): PDOStatement->execute() #1 /home1/dimensq3/public_html/ow_core/database.php(476): OW_Database->execute('INSERT INTO `ow...', Array) #2 /home1/dimensq3/public_html/ow_core/database.php(512): OW_Database->insert('INSERT INTO `ow...', Array) #3 /home1/dimensq3/public_html/ow_core/base_dao.php(216): OW_Database->insertObject('ow_rdabase_them...', Object(BOL_Theme)) #4 /home1/dimensq3/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/theme_service.php(210): OW_BaseDao->save(Object(BOL_Theme)) #5 /home1/dimensq3/public_html/ow_core/application.php(800): BOL_ThemeService->updateThemeList() #6 /home1/dimensq3/public_html/ow_core/application.php(583): OW_Application->updateCachedEntities(1) #7 /home1/dimensq3/public_html/ow_core/application.php(172): OW_Application->devActions() #8 /home1/dimensq3/public_html/index.php(54): OW_Application->init() #9 {main}

it means update has not been successfully completed. 

as to this error: http:///...c97ae9031_admin2.jpg

did you do any customization in the newsfeed plugin? because there's no newsfeed_tmp_action table in the default software? Are you using default newsfeed plugin or it is some 3rd party one?

Enrico
Enrico Jan 25 '16
Hi Ross, no, I didn't any customization... This is the Newsfeed plugin I found in the store. I tried the installation many times... I don't know what to do more than this :-(
Enrico
Enrico Jan 25 '16
I tried to modify the php file as well quoting it.... I tried to copy the content of the php file of the previous version of the plugin to the php file of the last version.... nothing at all :-(
ross Team
ross Jan 25 '16
I'm asking because the error says ow_rdanewsfeed_tmp_action already exists. There's no such table in the default software.

By the way did you update the core eventually before updating newsfeed plugin? What is your software version now?

The Forum post is edited by ross Jan 25 '16
Enrico
Enrico Jan 25 '16
It's my fault Ross. I did the update of all the other plugins before and then the Oxwall. Honestly I didn't know. I think it's not easy to go to check the instructions when you can see a simple button on the admin section that says "update" :-( anyway on the admin panel I can see 1.8.1 and I can't press any button. I can press just the UPDATE DB PLUGIN.
ross Team
ross Jan 25 '16
Enrico, PM me your admin website access details and Cpanel access details, I'll check the issue and try to fix it. By the way do you have a backup?
Enrico
Enrico Jan 25 '16
No Ross, I don't. No worries. Do it what you can do it if I loose everything it's not a problem. My database is small. 
ross Team
ross Jan 25 '16
I need your Cpanel access details as well. 
Enrico
Enrico Jan 25 '16
Done
ross Team
ross Jan 25 '16
Enrico, as I said the error looks really weird, I just talked to the devs and they are 100% sure there's no such table in the default software and default newsfeed plugin and there never was, which means you have modified something, Unofortunately we do not provide assistance with the modified software. Revert the changes you did, then we'll proceed. 
The Forum post is edited by ross Jan 25 '16
Enrico
Enrico Jan 25 '16
Ok, i'm not so expert to modify something by myself. Honestly I don't know what you are talking about. I think Oxwall is not a portal for professional use and for this reason I must move my website to Word Press. I'm little bit disappointed because if a user sees UPDATE on the admin panel it's clear that he will go to press that button. If this is not the right procedure I think you need to change something on your system. Anyway, it was a nice experience. I say goodbye to Oxwall from now. Thank you for your help Ross.
ross Team
ross Jan 25 '16
Yes, but you need to know what happens on your website in order to manage and configure it properly. Those 2 tables could not appear from nowhere. If you revert the changes or modifications which caused the appearance of those table which for some reason are connected to the newsfeed now, we'll proceed with the updating of your plugins. 
Bhardwaj sinh
Bhardwaj sinh Mar 9 '16
hii Ross,

I found this Errors while updating my platform please help me please.

site name is www.robberspace.com/oxwall

Error 500
Internal Server Error.
- Reproduce your last action.Error details:Type:ExceptionMessage:SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'key' in 'where clause'File:/home/robbersp/public_html/oxwall/ow_core/database.phpLine:723Trace:#0 /home/robbersp/public_html/oxwall/ow_core/database.php(723): PDOStatement->execute() #1 /home/robbersp/public_html/oxwall/ow_core/database.php(308): OW_Database->execute('SELECT * FROM o...', Array) #2 /home/robbersp/public_html/oxwall/ow_core/base_dao.php(114): OW_Database->queryForObject('SELECT * FROM o...', 'BOL_Theme', Array, 86400, Array) #3 /home/robbersp/public_html/oxwall/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/theme_dao.php(111): OW_BaseDao->findObjectByExample(Object(OW_Example), 86400, Array) #4 /home/robbersp/public_html/oxwall/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/theme_service.php(485): BOL_ThemeDao->findByKey('simplicity') #5 /home/robbersp/public_html/oxwall/ow_core/theme_manager.php(86): BOL_ThemeService->getThemeObjectByKey('simplicity', false) #6 /home/robbersp/public_html/oxwall/ow_core/application.php(174): OW_ThemeManager->initDefaultTheme() #7 /home/robbersp/public_html/oxwall/index.php(54): OW_Application->init() #8 {main} .

Help me ross with this issue please

ross Team
ross Mar 9 '16
The update has not been successfully completed. Restore your backup and follow these instructions: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/24134
ross Team
ross Mar 9 '16
If you don't have backup please go through this post it contains instructions how to lower your soft_build and run the update again. 
Bhardwaj sinh
Bhardwaj sinh Mar 9 '16
hii,

Actually i dont understand that much of coding stuff if i give you my server access can you please do it for me.

ross Team
ross Mar 9 '16
I'm sorry but the instructions very clear, you need to do that on your own, as we do not provide personal support
Bhardwaj sinh
Bhardwaj sinh Mar 9 '16
Actually i dont have any back up ross so how could i regain the orignal state of system. I dont know anything about me please guide my site just crashed while updating and i dont have any backup of the site it showing error if you can guide me and help me out with issue you will be very thankful ross please.
The Forum post is edited by Bhardwaj sinh Mar 9 '16
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »