We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

vote for smileys to be added to Oxwall core | Forum

bobbi
bobbi Jan 22 '16
The dev has abandoned his plug ins, the smiley plug in although still working does have its faults, please vote this up, Oxwall needs to have smileys as a standard feature, I added this to user voice a while ago,
http://oxwall.uservoice.com/...s-in-the-oxwall-core
The Forum post is edited by bobbi Jan 22 '16
Shaun
Shaun Jan 23 '16
I thought he was part of the Oxwall development team.

This is the major problem with purchasing plugins on oxwall. As the softwares core developes independant plugins run the risk of becoming un usable. not good when you invest money in them.

Oxwall should allow other developers to take them on and keep them upto date.

Im actually gutted by this but the plugin is still showing up in my purchased list so i am hoping the developer is just taking a short break.
bobbi
bobbi Jan 23 '16
he hasn't updated his plug ins since 1.7.2 and 1.7.3 he did update smiley in November but it is still buggy and he hasn't fixed it, his other plug ins are still not updated, he seems to of abandoned Oxwall, as he is part of the Oxwall team he should allow them to implement smileys into the core software or let another dev take it on and fix it
tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 23 '16
oxwall will never ever add anything to the core 
hundreds of uservoices have been removed with the quote
theres already a plugin in store that does this

it does not matter that the plugin has not worked from day one that it was put in the store

i have a dev that 3/4 done a plugin the injects bbcodes and smileys 

but i have told hin to stop work on it as i am not going to spend anymore money on 
oxwall plugins untill i see oxwaal fixes the huge fuckup its made 

as it is now oxwall wont be around long 
if they dont fix it in the next 2 weeks i have already found another platform to go to 

Anitaku
Anitaku Jan 23 '16

Quote from Tammy oxwall will never ever add anything to the core 
hundreds of uservoices have been removed with the quote
theres already a plugin in store that does this

it does not matter that the plugin has not worked from day one that it was put in the store

i have a dev that 3/4 done a plugin the injects bbcodes and smileys 

but i have told hin to stop work on it as i am not going to spend anymore money on 
oxwall plugins untill i see oxwaal fixes the huge fuckup its made 

as it is now oxwall wont be around long 
if they dont fix it in the next 2 weeks i have already found another platform to go to 

how much would it cost to buy that plug in from you tammy? :)
tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 23 '16
i have stopped the development on it 

because theres no way in hell oxwall is going to survive how its being run now
Anitaku
Anitaku Jan 23 '16
i've pretty much given up with oxwall as far as updates go. Any issues i have, i'm paying a dev to fix and any features i want i'm just getting build into the core/platform. 

Was going to buy the smileys plug in and get my dev to fix it to work the way i want, but if you're already part way through development with it, i'd be happy to buy it as is and do the rest (and give you the working version) 

If you're not interested, that's ok. Just asking :)

bobbi
bobbi Jan 24 '16
Tammy I know I will win the lottery before Oxwall add anything decent to the core lol, and I know user voice is a waste of time but I tried,

ketkew
ketkew Jan 24 '16
Same story for me. I also found another platform. I currently own several oxwall sites for my clients but I have a bad feeling somehow about oxwall's future. The software and its community could be great if some changes are done by the management. With the change (without notification) of the plugins in the store, Oxwall again doesn't seem to understand what the community really needs. I cant except that neither my clients .. so then I should make my decision..
Peter
Peter Jan 24 '16
Oxwall team is doing a good job. The biggest problem is some third-party developers, who use the community as an easy "money generator". If the team will delete the non-functional and not updated plugins, it will be OK. At the same time, the 3rd party developers must start to cooperate and work as a team. (top sellers themes with top seller plugins). I think that over time it will be OK. Oxwall is still in development with LTS, (long term support).
The Forum post is edited by Peter Jan 24 '16
Anitaku
Anitaku Jan 24 '16
Quote from Peter Oxwall team is doing a good job. The biggest problem is some third-party developers, who use the community as an easy "money generator". If the team will delete the non-functional and not updated plugins, it will be OK. At the same time, the 3rd party developers must start to cooperate and work as a team. (top sellers themes with top seller plugins). I think that over time it will be OK. Oxwall is still in development with LTS, (long term support).
That is only part of the problem. 
Oxwall needs to stop being so closed minded with obvious ideas such as ssl rewrites and actually work with the community instead of against us. 

The sooner they stop acting like kids with toys they don't want to share and act more like an innovative community platform working to grow through its communities help and ideas, the sooner EVERYONE will have a better time. 

I'm a big fan of oxwall but constantly feel like I'm working against the grain just for them to fix things that are expected to work normal in the first place. 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 25 '16
i want buy that smiley plugin to from tammy i hope it will bee finished