We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

photos plugin | Forum

Sean
Sean Mar 14 '16
I have to agree with Tammy. 

The level of support here and the way the community is treated by the main dev team is an utter shambles. 

They do not listen to user requests and have no interest in making their product shine. 

I used to use Oxwall for all my sites, and even recommended it to others. Now I would not and I have started creating new sites in WordPress due to better support and better seo. 

Sadly my main money making site is using oxwall and would be too complex to port to another platform now. Luckily I am well versed in php and can sort out many of the problems within oxwall with my own hacks, but I should not have to. 

Oxwall need to sit down and take a good long hard look at themselves and get their priorities straight because at the moment they don't. 

I would also maybe hire someone else to better police the forums and offer better support than moving topics or saying 'hire a dev'.

This product has the potential to be the best, it really does have some great points and it is easy to customise and create plugins for, the core team though need to stop thinking they know best and actually listen to what their customers want. 

The Forum post is edited by Sean Mar 15 '16
Sean
Sean Mar 14 '16
Not having alt tags on photos and using background images is an utter travesty and laughable. The fact this isn't seen as a problem is even more disturbing, I mean seriously? 
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Mar 15 '16
Hey Sean,

I do have to agree the Oxwall SEO is the worst of the worst, Wordpress seems to be the alternative but some of us have invested a lot to even take the cost of porting to anothe rplatform :(

Quote from Sean I have to agree with Tammy. 

The level of support here and the way the community is treated by the main dev team is an utter shambles. 

They do not listen to user requests and have no interest in making their product shine. 

I used to use Oxwall for all my sites, and even recommended it to others. Now I would not and I have started creating new sites in WordPress due to better support and better seo. 

Sadly my main money making site is using oxwall and would be too complex to port to another platform now. Luckily I am well versed in php and can sort out many of the problems within oxwall with my own hacks, but I should not have to. 

Oxwall need to sit down and take a good long hard look at themselves and get their priorities straight because at the moment they don't. 

I would also maybe hire someone else to better police the forums and offer better support than moving topics or saying 'hire a dev'.

This product has the potential to be the best, it really does have some great points and it is easy to customise and create plugins for, the core team though need to stop thinking they know best and actually listen to what their customers want. 

Anitaku
Anitaku Mar 15 '16
Quote from Sean I have to agree with Tammy. 

Nailed it. +1
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Mar 15 '16
Why was my post deleted? What is the problem with you people?

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Mar 15 '16

Quote from Sean Not having alt tags on photos and using background images is an utter travesty and laughable. The fact this isn't seen as a problem is even more disturbing, I mean seriously? 

We want SEO point blank. Its 2016. If you do not code to the standards of where and why google wants things in certain areas then you are not doing a very good job as a developer. I used this example over 3 years ago and it still stands clear today. Not even Oxwall believes there own bullshit. Want proof? Go visit the Oxwall blog on this website that is using wordpress. I mean come on you dont even use your own product for an important website such as Oxwall.org  What a joke.

The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Accessories Mar 15 '16
Tecca
Tecca Mar 18 '16
Agreed with pretty much everything I've been reading. If you're unwilling to make even simple improvements like alt tags, it reflects poorly on Oxwall as a whole. With the site I run Oxwall on, I've been considering converting it to another software altogether.

I haven't been visiting this site lately because I've come to realize how pointless it's become trying to help a dev team that doesn't want to help itself.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 19 '16
Is there any oxwall websites that are ranked nr.1 on google? 

if there is how could they reach to number 1 if the seo is not good? 

i want to know long time where the high ranked bigger oxwall sites are and how they success with they seo when everyone complains that seo no good at oxwall sites?

please someone send me a url on a success full oxwall website that are ranked high everywhere on internet :) 

ross Team
ross Mar 22 '16
Guys, the issue regarding background-images instead of img and alt tags is reported to the devs, it will be fixed asap. Thank you for your patience and understanding. 
Sean
Sean Mar 22 '16
Woo hoo! Progress! 
Handsome Smith
Handsome Smith Jun 3 '16
+1 , lets all work together and fix the problems. All of them please.
The Forum post is edited by ross Jun 6 '16
Pages: « 1 2 3 4