We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Watch yourself when it comes to any pay-per-click program | Forum

dave Leader
dave Jun 25 '16
I am writing this because i thought it would be important to share my experience with pay-per-click over the years.  And because i see more and more users try to jump into the Adwords or other PPC program competition and many of them do not do well. 

My personal opinion stay away from pay-per-click it will eat your money and you will get very little in return.  

Here has been my experience with pay-per-click, though many years ago this was my experience.  

First in order to even get listed on the first 10 pages you need to raise your per click amount.  And being on a low budget it is almost impossible to compete and maintain that payout level.   There are companies that spend hundreds of dollars per click (yes per click) to maintain the top 2-3 page listing for the best words.  And if you are only spending pennies per word, then your just giving your pennies away.  

Also there are scripts that exist to "bust your bank" to keep you from even competing. They register a click to your site again and again via different proxies and even domains to try to register a qualified and approved click.  And when they do, you pay for it.  They do this because they dont want you in the game and so they try to "bust your bank" every time you make the attempt to compete. 

I never knew where the scripts came from or who was behind it.  However if you remember google was sued for overcharging pay per click customers years ago in a class action suit, and i joined that suit and i got a check back for about $25.00, this was after i spent over $300 in pay-per-click.  That is 8% of the clicks they agreed were back clicks. This is what they settled for not what was actual. 

So at that rate it would have been $80 out of every $1000 was BS and i would have been paying that much for nothing. 

Your money is better spent with the old fashioned due dilligence and other ways of getting the name out. Stick with tangible items that you can see what you get when you pay for it.  Not some invisible "click" or "word" brokerage platform. 

When you are successfull and have money to burn that you will never miss then jump into PPC.  Thats my experience.  

Dave... ;)

The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 25 '16
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 25 '16
interesting subject....

- Did not google have something for stop competioners to click on you campaigns? i think i was read that somewhere?

_ what is old fashion due dilligence? when you website is new you need fast get customers if not you website will bee dead very quickly and the only fast way to do this when have a new website is pay per click

and if you want seo you website you need bee very patient and in the graveyard lying dead in the ground when you website is on top on google

and i not very patient i like action and result quickly but i think i stupid waiste my money on adwords campaigns and i agree i feel i scammed to my bones when i use they service i feel there little control what is going on and there is little bit insight what is true and not is true about my click information and how easy for google manupuliate this because we could never check 100% what is real and not real i feel

- What is this best option for get more members to you website when it is totally new? do you have any suggestions that are not way to expensive and not take 2 years to make

- How about facebook ads? are facebook pay per click campaign better then google? i have not yet try facebook ads so im not sure about this at all

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jun 25 '16
dave Leader
dave Jun 25 '16
Old fashion due dilligence is hitting the local market, every bar, every club, every library, grocery store, retail outlet, movie theatre.. you get the point.  Almost every successful social site (unless you have huge bucks to spend) has attained its success by growing the local market first and letting that word of mouth help to pave the way to wider growth. 

Social site rule 101 - if you dont have patience your in the wrong business.  Honestly and i know you dont want to hear it, but its the truth, if you have no patience to do it the right way and take the time to grow it right then your in the wrong business. 

If thats the case then just do like many others do, and find a social site profile vendor where you an buy 10,000 profiles of fake members to import into your db.  They will only take up space on your hard drive and thats it, and then your site will still die like all the others when people find out you were dishonest in using fake profiles. 

There is only one formula for building a successfull social site - hard work, patience, time, word of mouth, and luck.   Unless you have the next FB idea then you will need to join everyone else that is practicing that formula. 

dave Leader
dave Jun 25 '16
FB ads are expensive, i have never tried them so i could not tell you.  But if you really want to toss your money away that badly, just make out a check to the local homeless shelter, at least you will sleep better knowing your money fed someone for a day.  :)
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 25 '16
hahaha.... i agree about fake profiles the must stupid thing you can do is buy that and i have never done it and will never do. who want dead profiles? no thanks not me.

I feel patient is the best option and build up you SEO but i no patient and i did not know anything about SEO when i was buy my oxwall core and oxwall plugins...it is something you learn more and more about all the time and bee better on more and more every day and month 

dave Leader
dave Jun 25 '16
Yes you learn something every day, most everything that can be done has been done so my advice is read alot about what others have tried and that works.  Ask on different forums about what works for the best price.  Also anything you want to learn you can learn on youtube so jump into some video tutorials. 

Never pay for anyone to do the seo for you, if it can be done then you can learn to do it for free, its no secret and the formula has been discussed many many times on the web.  

But in the end it is your business and you have to make that final decision on what is best.

Of course i wish you the very best of luck and success.. :)

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 25 '16
okey i will let someone else answer if facebook ads are better then google ads i have not try facebook ads to so i do not know about that at all...

No i not want spend money i want save money my budget is 200-300 USD a month right now because my website is still new

I know it is a very low budget... but you need start somewhere

dave Leader
dave Jun 25 '16
$300 a month - what i would do is spend $50 and get yourself a license and an LLC.  Its so easy to do and you protect your personal assets that way.  Most business licenses in the USA are cheap and so are LLC's  if you live elsewhere i dont know about that stuff. 

Then spend some of that budget on local TV ads, almost ever successful social site has done TV at some point early in their life.  You dont have to do much or spend alot. Even if you help sponsor a public television show its something. Just find a plan you think gives you the exposure you want. 

Also help sponsor some local events, soccer games, sports outings for schools, you need to reach parents from where their focus is, and that is thru their kids activities. But be sincere, dont just sponsor an event and not care, it will show big time. 

Get people to know who you are and that you offer a good service.  Sales is the same now as it was in the 1800's  people buy from people they know.  

If you have an adult site then obvioulsy you cant sponsor an event for kids.  But you can reach out to parents or adults in other ways in their day to day activitles. 

Then after two years in business you can get with the Better Business Bureau and that will get you some business too. 

dave Leader
dave Jun 25 '16
By the way many states in the US have tax exempt rules for certain types of internet activity.  Check with your state website to see.  I was always tax exempt because i had a hosting company as well so i never had to pay any taxes on any income. :)
dave Leader
dave Jun 25 '16
If this is just a hobby then treat it as such.  But if you want a business then treat it like a business.  Even with a LLC which stands for Limited Liability Company  if you do not run it like a business it will not protect you.  It sounds complicated but its not, i knew nothing and did it easily.  

The LLC protects you if someone from the social site or public decides to sue you for some reason.  Otherwise if you dont have one, everything you own is on the table for grabs. 

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 25 '16
Interesting about LLC 

If i open a LLC in USA then i not need pay taxes in Sweden? or do i pay taxes in the country i live in?

I have been thinking 1000 times where i will reg my company in what country? I would like not to have my company based in Sweden because of the high taxes here, i want have my business in a country that i can feel safe.

I heard about tax paradise that some people are put they business there , but is it a great idea to do that?

Some advice here would bee nice even if this is out off this topic 

And i not mind have a LLC but i do not know if it is good i skadate use LLC but i see oxwall was change country many times why did they do that...i was read that before but you did not get any answer on that :)

dave Leader
dave Jun 25 '16
lol yes we have gotten off topic for sure sorry about that... i get carried away sometimes :) 

I dont think you can get a LLC here in the US until you have established a permanent location here or a legal representive of the company, i am not an attorney so i dont know that rule.   Many people here in the social sites do business from their home so they have residence here. 

but yes i think if we talk more LLC i will have to do new topic lol 

I am sure they must have something like an LLC in sweden 

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 25 '16
But many oxwall developer and skadate developer work from Kyrgyztan but they have LLC in USA ? 

Have you visit they office in USA ? 

sorry maybe we need a new topic LLC

I want have LLC in USA but for that i need live there permanent or do i just need a street adress in USA to tell that i stay there...heheh...i see some company do like that but i just want to know how they doing that in details

dave Leader
dave Jun 25 '16
Yes because they merged with Skalfa which is based in the US... 

check this link out hope it helps you 

www.business-sweden.se/contentassets/77eaa575957e489a88da561cec1f7a47/starting-a-llc.pdf

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 25 '16

thank you for the link i will study more about LLC in sweden interesting

yes i see now i need pay taxes in sweden :( i want pay taxes in usa much better lower taxes there but do i really need to live there how some companys manage to reg they company in other countrys but they are not live there just have a street adress with a post box i see it on tv several times for run away if someone will sue them they do like that

i see on tv people try sue companys but they just have a adress and a post box in some countrys . and when they want take them to justice they can not find them on that adress. And this really works i see on tv if you want hide from justice and scare someone sue you. 

i hope u know what i talking about? i think if you want hide you self from justice you do like that and then when they hunt you ...you just start a new company name in a new adress and post box in another company and you can continue forever like this

and they almost everyone stay in a country where the justice not easy can take you corrupted countrys and countrys that not famous coporate with other countrys 

okey now i stop but it is interesting what you can do if you want bee safe from justice...im not sure how they do 100% but it is possible if you know how to do

i not telling skalfa doing like this....i just talk about reg companys and options i have seen on tv many times

dave Leader
dave Jun 25 '16
no answer as of yet but i think den will need to answer that not ross.  
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 25 '16
i think it is not our business to know where they stay or why they reg in other countrsy before and i really not care and i feel it not my business get information like that from them. every business want have private and i respect that

but i notice you one time try ask them this in another topic here...and i understand that they could not give you all that information and i not want to know it can bee sensitive to tell things like that in public can understand them

but maybe you was feel you have the right to know that information...i did not understand and i can not find that old topic now

Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Aug 22 '19

As an advertising idea, I think the most sensible way back is obvious.

Sponsoring popular people who shoot videos on Youtube.

The most effective way to do this is to select people who are not too popular.

Popular names don't talk about you in many videos, but it's more advantageous to choose a medium.

Google and other advertising companies follow a lot of game scenarios.

Dave made very clear statements, and I personally support this. Large budgets should be allocated as ideas to achieve effective advertising and conversion. A competitive environment is created in the study with good software. Big names connected to the same situation will reduce all your income in a short time and you can not go beyond making unnecessary payments.

The market is huge, everything is about luck, but logic comes first.

My personal opinion is to consider alternatives to make an advertising deal. The most accurate plan of generating revenue on your site is to increase your user hit and deal with a company. You can agree with the companies that manage these works for you. Otherwise, while you're chasing snow, all things will be left unfinished. Of course, under the big companies who do not want you will start to suffer.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 23 '19
Oxwall Türkiye

We are ALL small companys or hobby guys that run oxwall.

So what is the point start use a software if you not a very very RICH guy?

interesting indeed....i guess as a hobby oxwall (skadate) works perfect but as a serious business you need bee the BIG dollar man who was born rich

Ow-ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 23 '19
dave Leader
dave Aug 23 '19
No you dont need to be rich, just like you dont have to be rich to get into any business. But what you HAVE to do is you HAVE you know who your customers are and how to find them. You need to know your market, not knowing anything about your customers is like setting out to sea without a motor on your boat or sails.    Any business you venture into you have to know who your market is and how to reach them.  That is why alot of business owners hire business marketing consultants to help the owner describe their customers.  

If you go to a bank for a loan, they will ask you for a business plan and business model report. In those reports it should list out exactly who your customer is as a general idea and even very specific sometimes depending on the business.  The bank wants to know that if they are taking a risk on you that you know your business and know your customer.  Knowing your customer allows you to put your marketing dollars to work in the best way possible.  

Example:  If your selling alchohol on a website then you dont want to market people that go to AAA meetings do you, nope.    Its the same with social sites, you need to know what age group your main customer is likely to be, what gender, what are they likely to spend, what are they looking for.   If you want to run a serious business and not just a hobby then it is alot of work getting to know your potential customer, if you dont put the work in and the study time in, then it will never be more than a hobby that makes little to no money. 

Have you ever wondered why dating sites have jingles (songs), its part of market saturation and brand saturation.   If you can get people to sing your jingle going to work or along with the commercial then they will remember you and visit your site or tell a friend because the friend hears them singing the tune. 

If you dont know who your marketing then youll never get their attention. 

Once you can describe your customer then you can build conent to attract them.,

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 23 '19
Pages: 1 2 »