We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

email verfication wont work and cant even edit my website | Forum

dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '16
now just so you know in the event you have an issue with cache later, ccleaner is great but sometimes cache can be tough to get rid of so sometimes you even need to do this to clear it.. im just letting you know so you can have this info if you need it ever.. 

Sometimes you have to open up your windows command line by typing in cmd in the windows approapriate input (dif versions have dif places) but i put mine in the search windows box.  Anway then just click on that and it will open up the windows command line box, the black box. 

then type in 

ipconfig /flushdns    

and that will flush the dns cache. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 20 '16
dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '16
are you trying to get your email, or are you tring to log in, i guess you lost me now. 
Brian
Brian Aug 20 '16
both
dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '16
oh i see the site is down... you need to contact your host for that...  you might try turning on debug mode but i think that may not help at this point we need to get the site back up again. 
dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '16
i mean debug mode might give you an error but i doubt it at this point since the site is completely down.  So you would need to find out from your host what the issue is with the site first.. 
Brian
Brian Aug 20 '16
okay 
Brian
Brian Aug 20 '16
how would i do the debug just to give it a try
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 20 '16
You can try something with your google account. It may be kicking the email back.
1. Go to your account
2. Sign in and security
3. connected apps and sites
4. Go down to allow less secure app, and turn it on

You may need to re-send the email. Don't know if this will work, but I've had to do it before.
dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '16
If you want to try debug then just change the value in the config file to true for debug, i guess you have never done this right...

its in ow_includes  config.php on the bottom 

Brian
Brian Aug 20 '16
i tried to do that but i dont know how my last website i tried that on i messed everything up
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 20 '16
There is a way to manually verify the email in phpmyadmin ow_base_user. You can set the "emailverify" value to 1. This should mark it as verified, and allow you to get into the site to  check on the cron issue.
Brian
Brian Aug 20 '16
i did 
Brian
Brian Aug 20 '16
i figured it out i pulled the link out of the ow_base_user verify page i have to change the email so it doesnt go to gmail because it never works
Brian
Brian Aug 20 '16
thanks dave and darryl b you guys are a life saver 
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 20 '16
Okay. I take it that didn't work either?  If not, try this.
Go to oxwall / ow_includes / config.php right click on the file, and select edit.
at the bottom of the page you will see. Don't change the dev mode in the set above this. Only the one at the bottom of the page.
    define('OW_DEV_MODE', false);

change Dev mode from false to true, and save the file. Go to you site, and refresh the page.
After you refresh the page change the dev mode back to false, and save the file again. This process clears site cache.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 20 '16
That's great. Glad you got it.
Brian
Brian Aug 20 '16
one last question since i installed crontest plugin will that fix the issue on the email verify
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 20 '16
No. it's just a tool to let you know that the cron is running. It will display a message in the box each time cron runs.
Brian
Brian Aug 20 '16
i got back into my site but the email still isnt set to send and i changed the site email to a zohomail

dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '16
did you check the ow_base_mail table to see if the email is sitting in there
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »