We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

email verfication wont work and cant even edit my website | Forum

Brian
Brian Aug 19 '16
im using cpanel rf.gd
dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '16
OK i have never seen that version before, its new to me ill have to check that out.. 

Yeah you may need to ask your host what you put in there, im not sure if they want to whole string or just part of it. 

dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '16
no, i guess i missread where it says and/or  i thought it was like mine and you could put every hour and it would just put a * so it would run every hour. 

But i guess yours dont work that way.  What is in the drop down for hours, what does that drop down look like. 

Brian
Brian Aug 20 '16
the drop down for hours starts from 0 and goes up
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 20 '16
It may be correct for his hosting. Brian. My Cron is set up to run in minutes. The hours is 0. There is this plugin in the store that does good to see if the cron is running.

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1060
dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '16
Yeah set it to 0 and see what happens 
Brian
Brian Aug 20 '16
i would use the plugin if i wasnt locked out of my website because it wants a verification :(
dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '16
can you run that url from your browser, what happens 
Brian
Brian Aug 20 '16
the url just leads me to the email verify everytime i log in if i logout i can see my website do do you think you might be able to fix this for me if i give you the login info
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 20 '16
Since it isn't a typical cron it may need the full path to the file oxwall/ow_cron/run.php
dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '16
I normally dont go into people sites im sorry.  I may do it for my plugin support but otherwise i really rather not.  

what happens if you enter that url in a different browser, dont use the same browser you tried to register on..   the cron url put that on a dif browser and try it 

dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '16
yeah thats what im thinking,  i want to see if he gets the normal white page or not when he runs it
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 20 '16
You may still be able to get to your admin panel by entering yoursite.com/admin
Brian
Brian Aug 20 '16
i tried the admin page still nothing i dont want to have to delete my site because i finally got it the way i wanted it and i tried it on ie and still the same thing i feel like im screwed
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 20 '16
Did you try adding the full path to the file? ,and have you looked at the mail table in the database to see if the emails are still sitting there?
dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '16
OK first its prob a good idea to not show your email on a open forum like this unless you want spam emails out the kazooo.. so you might want to remove that image... ;)

the reason it is showing you that page is because you have a cookie on your computer from the software that is set because you just registered. 

So if you have ccleaner then close down your browsers and run ccleaner, if you dont have that you can get it for free here https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

or we can try to this the old fashioned way.. which ever you want. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 20 '16
Brian
Brian Aug 20 '16
full path like oxwall/ow_cron/run.php
dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '16
no leave it, that is the right url... 

see run this on a different browser 

http://unitedjuggalospace.rf.gd/ow_cron/run.php

you will get the white page of the cron, thats what it does it just has a white page as an output, its normal.  so that is right 

dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '16
so since i just ran the cron manually you should get that email now... 
Brian
Brian Aug 20 '16
still nothing i dont know what to do 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »