We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

email verfication wont work and cant even edit my website | Forum

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 20 '16
Don't know about zohomail. I have gmail set up on mine. This was where changing the access on the gmail account came in about allowing less secure applications.

Here are my settings. with smtp checked
Host / port smtp.gmail.com   465
Username: youremail@gmail.com
Password: your password
Secure Connection: SSL

dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '16
send another one and watch that table, refresh the page a few times and see if it shows up, it wont stay in there long so watch it closely 
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 20 '16
Here is a link to the zohomail smtp settings.
https://www.zoho.com/mail/help/zoho-smtp.html
Brian
Brian Aug 20 '16
i hit explain select
Attachments:
  Screenshot 2016-08-20 09.49.52.png (107Kb)
Brian
Brian Aug 20 '16
i want to have gmail set up to my website because thats what i use the most and its on my phone  but i having trouble 
dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '16
no just use browse 
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 20 '16
You should just click on the "ow_base_mail" link. There won't be anything there if no mail is sent. Once you send a mail it will show in table form. You will have to refresh the page after you send the mail for it to show. If it doesn't, the mail isn't even reaching the DB.
dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '16
anyway it shows a record and that is probably not there anymore so that means its sent and that means its past oxwall now, oxwall has nothing to do with it after that
dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '16
yeah what darryl said 
Brian
Brian Aug 20 '16
this is what it says ill delete this after 
The Forum post is edited by Brian Aug 20 '16
dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '16
good thats how it should look, now if those records stay in there then they are not being sent, if that table is empty here in a min or so, then the mail is sent and oxwall has no more control over it, give it a few min like 3 min max and then check it again 
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 20 '16
Okay. The mail is reaching the DB. If all is well with the cron, it should clear when the cron runs, and be empty again.
dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '16
if they are still there then that mean your cron is not running or it is set incorrectly 
dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '16
yeah what he said lol 
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 20 '16
lol. Great minds think alike.
dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '16
you guys got this from here i have a custom support issue i need to tend to,  but it should be easy to fix now... good job Darryl.. :)
Brian
Brian Aug 20 '16
i cant get cron to work 
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 20 '16
We'll do our best. If we hit a wall I will give a shout.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 20 '16
Who is your host. Maybe we can find some info on cron setup.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »