We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Does this work with an all-over pattern? - Photos Watermark Pro | Forum

Miss Nookie
Miss Nookie Sep 8 '16
I have an image that should make a light all-over pattern to cover the photos (so it cannot be cropped out).

Will this work with that?

Also, can I choose the font of the watermark words?

It looks like I can have the watermark add their username and our website link. Correct?
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Sep 8 '16
If the watermark image is bigger than all the uploaded photos, it will work.

Yes the admin can choose the font.

There is 3 vars:

{$userName} : add the username of the user who uploaded the picture: eg: demo

{$displayName} : add the display name of the user who uploaded the picture:Demo User

{$userUrl} : add the link of the user who uploaded the picture eg: http://www.domain.com/user/demo

The Forum post is edited by Senior Developer Sep 8 '16
Miss Nookie
Miss Nookie Sep 8 '16
Excellent. Thank you. *smiles*
Miss Nookie
Miss Nookie Sep 8 '16
Can I choose a font I'm using on my site (goggle font), rather than those you've added?
Miss Nookie
Miss Nookie Sep 8 '16
It might also be interesting, for all-over patterns to allow a choice between dark and light for the end user.

Very light photos will not show the white transparent PNG I'm using, and a dark watermark might be better.

But that's just persnickity. *smiles*
Senior Developer Leader
For the Text Watermark you need to have a .ttf or .odf font.

I'm going to add the "upload your own font" feature to this plugin in the next updates. 

In the meantime if you cannot wait, you can replace any existing font for your own in /static/fonts folder via ftp

Just download the google font to your pc, unzip it, select the ttf or odf file, upload it to /static/fonts and rename it to an existing font. Enable dev mode and clear cache. The plugin now will be using your new font with the name of the old one.

Senior Developer Leader

Quote from Miss Nookie It might also be interesting, for all-over patterns to allow a choice between dark and light for the end user.

Very light photos will not show the white transparent PNG I'm using, and a dark watermark might be better.

But that's just persnickity. *smiles*

Usually the image watermarks need to have white, gray and/or black colors so the watermark looks good in all photos and the user don't need to bother in that little things and he focus in generating content. A white image/text with gray/black stroke is enough most of the cases. But if more people needs that feature maybe a can add it in next updates.
Miss Nookie
Miss Nookie Sep 8 '16
Thank you. It was more musing than anything. It's certainly no necessary, unless others think so.
You do not have permission to reply this topic