We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Plugins by Developers | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Steve
Steve Sep 29 '16
I believe that it should only be right that if a oxwall main Developer makes a plugin and then puts it in the oxwall store that if they do not fix a problem that has been reported but instead lowers the price of said plugin to try and justify it being in the oxwall store should be suspended like any other plugin Developers plugin...To me it is showing favoritism towards the oxwall Developer.

I have been fighting this problem with the comment editor for over 2 and half months and jk is aware of the problem and instead of fixing it he dropped the price from $20 to $12...I could care less about the price drop all I want is the problem to be fixed. 

Steve
Steve Oct 1 '16
This jk kid that is also a developer for oxwall must be something else...The mods on the forums and stuff are getting on all the other developer for plugins asses about keeping up with updates or fixing them if they don't work...But when it comes to this oxwall developer jk it is like oh well...I believe what is good for the goose is good for the gander...So I am calling for the Comments Editor by jk be suspended from the oxwall store until it is fixed and completely tested. 

Why should jk get away with having a defective plugin but everyone else is being told to fix theirs or loose their oxwall store.

Sorry for bitching but when you pay good money for something you do expect it to work

The Forum post is edited by Steve Oct 1 '16
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Oct 1 '16
i understand you completly steve , must bee frustrating talk with a wall
Steve
Steve Oct 1 '16
Yes it is the sad thing is after jk was made aware of the problem his solution was to drop the price instead of fixing the problem...It is just like talking to a wall.

Steve
Steve Oct 4 '16
Okay I just PMed jk again let's see if it did any good...If not I will start sending PM's to all of the other oxwall developers and see if they can get the little idiot to fix it. Apparently everyone else here on the forms are to scared to approach this jk and to him to fix it or take it out of the store.  
The Forum post is edited by Steve Oct 4 '16
dave Leader
dave Oct 4 '16
Steve i was going to say something to him myself, however i did not because of the following: 

You gave it a good review and if its not good then you should modify that review. 

You also did not say anything about it being broken when you made your comments in the plugin posts. You said it was worth less money but did not say anything about it being broken or not working or needing to be fixed. 

So unless you are able to establish some kind of history of issues, i cant back you up on this.  Sorry but its not possible at this time. 

Steve
Steve Oct 5 '16
Other people have checked it out on the demo site and found that it does not work right.

dave Leader
dave Oct 5 '16
OK then they need to make comments as well in the plugin section.  We need valid documentation that we can refer too.  Unless you and the others make such comments on the plugin pages or say so via reviews there is not much anyone can do.  Right now if anyone up the chain or his boss were to look at that as is, they would ask "whats wrong" i see only positive.  

Thats what the reviews and the store comments are for, to shed light on issues.  I would suggest you post a comment on the store page with your concerns and let him answer, if he does not answer then that is an issue too. We cant see your private messages.   I dont like when core developers dont support their plugins either but we have no proof of that right now with what we see there at the moment. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Oct 5 '16
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Oct 5 '16
"Frustration and core developers that no answer" that is never good marketing. 

I hope he will at least give some respond to his buyers it normal behavor to doing that if you have a store on internet, but have been here for a long time and many things in this store is not "normal" in my opinion and we have bring up many things include this one here:

core developers no answers(maybe no time and busy but then they should not have a store if they to busy answer customers and only focus on develop the core my opinion)

<<<put it on the long list for make a better store.>>>

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Oct 5 '16
dave Leader
dave Oct 5 '16
No answer what Marcus?  There are no messages that we or his boss can see.  Thats what i am saying.  Make some plugin support coments and provide some proof, without that its all speculation. 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Oct 5 '16
Okey Dave that is true much better if he post in public in plugin store. agree with you Dave. But i hard believe he did not try contact him and lie he did. 

Anyways post always issues in the store in public that why i wanted more then 10 post for buyers and 5 sticky post for developers on first page to see if this seller is seriously or just not care his customers that is the best review system a public review system with very visible post on front page and remove that old review system and make space for this 15 post!

To this post add some special "flag subjects" just for the store topics . there is already a flag report system just need add new subjects easy to fix.

If make it more advance make soemthing that says this topic is solved at the top of the post. both developer and he who complain need agree on it solved and press or click a button.

dave Leader
dave Oct 5 '16
OK marcus and good idea, i have mentioned added other topics to the list before. 
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Oct 5 '16

+1 Dave.

A solved mark is a great idea Maяcus, that is the best way to let the people know that a topic is solved instead of read all the post.

I think that the best way to force the developers to solve the issue is make a new plugin that does the same at the same price, sometimes when you see some competitor enter the game, you have to try to be better so the clients don't run away from you, with that in mind I ask to Steve: Are you willing to pay for another alternative plugin for the same initial price ($20)? If so, I will add it to my todo list.
Thank you.

The Forum post is edited by Senior Developer Oct 5 '16
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Oct 5 '16

SD i hope you will finish notice plugin with popups window for profile visits i really interesting in that plugin and want to buy it :-)

One thing i worry about is if it works with skadate or not i would like to test it i really like that plugin :-) I was buy same plugin from Oxwall acceroies and it was only problems with that plugin and was never working :/

this is the plugin i talk about https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1333  :-) really want test it with profile visit feature :-)

Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Oct 5 '16
Yes Maяcus I will upload the update in +-24 hours, sorry for the delay.

And yes it works on Skadate too, if you see any problem that I don't I will fix it immediately.

Thank you.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Oct 5 '16
Wow thank you, what a great developer you are at oxwall :-) we need more developer like you here at oxwall :-)
Steve
Steve Oct 5 '16
Okay here is a copy of my review and here is a copy of messages of jk and myself.

Doesn't work as good as I thought

I just purchased the Comment Editor expecting it to only edit the comments on posts but then I found out it also edits posts too...It only edits posts and comments in the News Feed and User Dashboard but does not edit anything except comments in Groups. It also puts the php line break aka (br/ inside < >) in between the lines. If it was global and did not have the php line break in between sentences it would be worth the $20.00 but as it stands now it is only worth about $5.00.

Aug 2001:07PMSteveYour comment editor is nice but it has one small problem and that is after you get done editing and you click done it has the php code <br/> in between the lines.
Aug 2307:49AMjkHi Steve

Thank you for your report. 
I will check what's the problem.

Best wishes,
JK10:34AMSteveOh just to let you know it only happens when you go to edit posts when you edit comments it works fine...Just happens when editing posts.

Sep 13
10:36AMSteveI am curious has the problem with the editor putting <br /> in automatically in between the lines when editing posts been fixed yet?  

Sep 2211:52AMSteveYou know it has been a month since you messaged me about the comments editor and since then the only thing you did was lower the price of the plugin...How about trying to fix the problem so I can take this Notice off of my site.
11:52AMSteveJust to let everyone know if you make a mistake on your post and you need to edit it...If you press enter to start a new line in the edit box you will see "br / inside <>" in between the lines that is a php code just delete it...With editing comments you won't see it.

Sep 2407:51PMSteveInstead of lowering the price, How about fixing the damn thing.
10:22PMSteveHey try fixing your comment editor if it is not fixed by the end of this week I will make sure it get's taken out of the oxwall store. I am tired of it not working right and it has been 3 months now since I bought the damn thing. FIX IT.Yesterday
The Forum post is edited by Steve Oct 5 '16
Steve
Steve Oct 7 '16
Okay jk had to today to answer my PM's and as of yet he hasn't so I am going to start PMing the other Developers and e-mail them also I will flood their network.
The Forum post is edited by Steve Oct 7 '16
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Oct 8 '16
This is why the oxwall store never get any better when the leaders not take they responsible other developers will follow the leaders how they acting it is in NATURE i not say all will do that but SOME will do that
The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Oct 8 '16
Steve
Steve Oct 8 '16
Okay I just sent this to jk.

Okay jk you had your chance to fix the comment editor it has been over 3 months now since you where made aware of the problem with it.

I am going to start messaging and e-mailing the other oxwall developer on a by daily basis until it is either taken out of the store or fixed.

Pages: 1 2 »