We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Plugin Pricing | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Steve
Steve Jan 20 '17
Well I just tried it after updating it and now the edit window doesn't not even open up now and it doesn't give me the option to delete the post all it does now is gives me the option to edit and when I click on it nothing happens.
The Forum post is edited by Steve Jan 20 '17
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 20 '17
Okay. Thanks. I was curious as to whether someone fixed the issue. Guess not, and apparently made it worse.
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Jan 20 '17

Hi Steve!

Have you tried to clear the website cache and your web browser cache?

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 21 '17
Hello Steve!

What oxwall version do you use? 1.8.4 ?

Steve
Steve Jan 22 '17
Yes I have cleared the cache and I am using version 1.8.0 for the fact that I am using windows server 2003 and 2003 does not support php 5.5
dave Leader
dave Jan 22 '17
Is there a particular reason you went with a windows server and not linux, just curious.
Steve
Steve Jan 23 '17
Because I have been working with windows for over 30 years when I started with MSdos and Windows 1.0.

IntrigU
IntrigU Jan 24 '17
This is more of an "economies of scale" issue than pricing. The more users adopt oxwall as their platform of choice, the more plugins will be sold. This will eventually push the prices down. Then even the low priced plugins will start generating sizeable income. Which will in turn empower developers to produce more quality plugins at lower prices and attract new users, therefore increasing adoption. 

Without this snowball effect, adoption rate of oxwall as a platform will stay at its' current mediocre levels. Speaking of which, when will the platform be modernised? In the next update? Doubtful.

UI is un-intuitive, dated design, horrible mobile version are just a few things on the list that need to be fixed in order to make the platform more attractive.

falancas
falancas Dec 19 '17
I think add-on fees should be proportional to the work done by the add-on. The end result is a labor. simple attachments are cheap, more complicated attachments are expensive. But I want to talk about a topic here.

There are too many software problems, as can be seen from the OXWall help forums.
it is first necessary to remedy them and design OXWALL for the normal user, not the end user, not for a software developer.

Just like WordPress comfort.
after that you will see that the plug-in sales will increase. because there will be a lot of people who want to install a new website with a smooth system. so they will buy more plug-ins. Thank you.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 20 '17

in short:

There is no point try do things better if no respond like talking with walls..

if i was boss for this software i would jump in sometimes and speak with my customers, but that is me

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Dec 20 '17
Pages: « 1 2 3