We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

No, seriously?? - Profile Views Counter | Forum

David
David Nov 26 '16
20 bucks for THIS?? C'mon, REALLY???  I think that's a little STEEP for this little widget.  Just my opinion.  Seems a little greedy for a tiny piece of code that does so very little.
newhires00
newhires00 Nov 26 '16
I agree!! This plugin should be $5 Dollars max.

Come on man. Change your price

Alex
Alex Nov 26 '16
buy no more than $ 5
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Nov 26 '16
For $20 USD you are getting:

- Quality Support

- Safe plugin TOS so you can modify the code (unlike others who you can't modify).

- Fast Support 

- Great SEO

- Mobile version support 

- Fast bug fix

- Implement new features free if there is people that buy this plugin as is right now. (I'm intending to add more features: In the backend the admin will have a new better tool to change the counter faster for every user, have views stats and other features) 

- Full compatibility with new Oxwall versions

I'm making only quality products.

If you have any other question please feel free to ask anything.

Thank you.

The Forum post is edited by Senior Developer Nov 26 '16
David
David Nov 26 '16
for $20 bucks you're giving us a counter that sits in an ugly widget.  We need "fast support, Great SEO and all those other things for a counter?  Mobile support... you mean my mobile phone can see digits in a widget?  Great... but any responsive theme we use will offer same.... so... please.  What's the difference between Quality Support and Fast Support?   Those are actually the same thing.  FAST BUG FIX?  If we need bug fixes for a glorified bean counter... then that doesn't say much about the developer, now, does it?
As for being "fully compatible with new Oxwall versions"... well... yeah, all NEW plugins SHOULD be... so I'm not sure how this list justifies the $20.00 price tag...

For what it does... that price tag is just being greedy. 

So... yeah, good luck with that.
Senior Developer Leader
You are not just buying the plugin as is right now, but all the future updates and new features, compatibility with future oxwall versions (there is old plugins that doesn´t work anymore because the clients didn't wanted to pay what it really worth), and quality and fast support are not the same, there is a big difference.

If you really don't need all of that and just need a simple views counter, then this plugin is not for you.

Thank you for your interest.

David
David Nov 26 '16
Like I said... any way you try to justify it... you're trying to sell us a glorified counter that doesn't do squat but tally numbers and page hits.... and spits out a number in an ugly widget.  It's a $5 buck cheap plugin.  20 bucks.....is a ripoff. 

So... good luck with that.
Senior Developer Leader
It's just your opinion and that's ok.

You are always welcome if you change your mind anytime.

Thank you.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 27 '16
With all this things:

- Quality Support

- Safe plugin TOS so you can modify the code (unlike others who you can't modify).

- Fast Support 

- Great SEO

- Mobile version support 

- Fast bug fix

- Implement new features free if there is people that buy this plugin as is right now. (I'm intending to add more features: In the backend the admin will have a new better tool to change the counter faster for every user, have views stats and other features) 

- Full compatibility with new Oxwall versions

- Full Skadate support

I think it is not expensive. 

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Nov 27 '16
David
David Nov 27 '16
You're entitled to your opinion... same as I am. I say it's a rip-off.
You do not have permission to reply this topic