We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Payed Plugin? - Social media sharing | Forum

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 5 '17
Hi

I have just notice this plugin with a "free" accounts is only marketing "addthis" URLs in my post that i share to facebook with this plugin and a free account at addthis.

Is this true that you have no use of this plugin for SEO you site more then get traffic from the post because you links are gone when they land on facebook.

there is a ID added on the end of the links that totally change your urls this for addthis can track you activity . and there is 1 link and that link is to "addthis" in this place my link should bee placed but i guess addthis want share the cake here for they who use they free service they marketing they own brand and you get only traffic but not a original url posted from your website that can boost you SEO.

I contact addthis about this and i will see what they say about this.

I will not join they affiliate program and share they business on my social media accounts for free if it like that...i need confirm from addthis support first.

Maybe this extended URLs with id in the end are same ass a 301 redirect to my original URL so i will no loose any SEO because google will follow this links. I know it works like that for twitter but not sure on facebook with this plugin how it will work

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 5 '17
You do not have permission to reply this topic