We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

PLEASE, I need Help! | Forum

Graphkat
Graphkat Jan 7 '17
Im just a single mom who took on learning to build her own website, I have no experience and learning as i go.
I am getting tons of errors in my Cpanel error log, I have asked my server support for answers, I have asked the developers of the plugins that some of the errors report on to help and everyone blames everyone elses work for the issue.
As far as the site it seems to be running as it should there are some tiny errors i can wait to work thru later. At one point i got my site down to just a couple errors popping up occasionally, now its just crazy!
The error logs say that my theme is missings image files but when i look in my cpanel files under my theme they are all there.
I would be willing to pay someone even to go thru these codes.
Im a single mom of a special needs kid and I just dont have all this extra time to put into it at this moment.  PLEASE HELP!
Attached is my latest error log.
The Forum post is edited by Graphkat Jan 7 '17
dave Leader
dave Jan 7 '17
Hi, 

First a few security things to keep you safer. When you post stuff like that, always remove your ip and also your username from the display and any other data that is personal to the server, noone needs that info to help you.  We just need the error like so: 

[Sat Jan 07 08:46:52 2017] [error] [client xxxxxx] File does not exist: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/404.shtml, referer: 

we dont need any more than that, so you might want to reformat that page and remove it and repost it.

Getting rid of half your issue is easy. Just create a 404.shtml file in your domain root. Just create it just like you would a normal 404.html file but name it 404.shtml you can leave it blank if you want or put some text in there as you would a normal 404 file, thats up to you. That will solve half your issue and get rid of that one. Let me look at the other one and see what can be done here.

The Forum post is edited by dave Jan 7 '17
dave Leader
dave Jan 7 '17
As for the second issue missing files, are you using the original htaccess file that came with Oxwall or did you modify it?

Also pay attention more to the error log file that may show up in your domain root or other folder rather so much on cpanel error log,  they do work differently.  That does not mean that you dont need to pay attention to cpanel error log, you can get good feedback if someone is trying to hack your site with repeated requests and such but just use that as a feedback mostly rather than actual fatal errors.  I would use the error log file in your root for that, it may not be there until you actually have an error.

back to the htaccess question?

Graphkat
Graphkat Jan 7 '17
I havent messed with the htaccess file at all, only when my server people gave me the ssl, and then i just gave up on it.
Graphkat
Graphkat Jan 7 '17
...and thank you for the ip advice

Graphkat
Graphkat Jan 7 '17
i know this is going to sound pathetic, but I am a newbie, how do i make a 404 html? Please forgive me, for sounding like an idiot, but i havent completed that yet in my self teaching class, hehe.....?

Graphkat
Graphkat Jan 7 '17
I think I got it, just make a new file in my file manager. Ha
Here is an error in my domain root....and most the page is full of these errors
[02-Jan-2017 08:16:30 America/Chicago] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Securimage has a deprecated constructor in /home/organicv/public_html/ow_libraries/securimage/securimage.php on line 95
Graphkat
Graphkat Jan 7 '17
ok yes the 404shtml took care of alot of those errors.......my question is did it have it before and if so why did it disappear, was i hacked?
dave Leader
dave Jan 7 '17
No you prob didnt have it before, its not standard issue.  You did good creating that file, nice job, yes thats how you do it with file manager.  Excellent.   

Does your server meet all the specs on the RIGHT SIDE of this page.  http://www.oxwall.org/hosting

Also try running my free checker to check the same thing, if your on shared hosting they probably have shell turned off so you wont get all of the report but youll get quite a bit.. Run this plugin and let me know the outcome please. 

You will have to check some of that requirements list on the page manually because your on shared, or ask your host. 

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1356

Graphkat
Graphkat Jan 8 '17
Operating System:   linux  
Machine(for info only):   x86_64 Apache:   apache/2.2.31 (unix) mod_ssl/2.2.31 openssl/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4   Apache Version:     X Mod Rewrite:   Please check your php info for this value   X Mod Security:   Please check your php info for this value   X suPHP:   Please check your php info for this value   X suApache:   Please check your php info for this value   X suHosin:   Please check your php info for this value   X PHP Modules:   pdo   PHP Modules:   dom   PHP Modules:   mbstring   PHP Modules:   zip   PHP Modules:   zlib   PHP Modules:   ftp   PHP Modules:   json   PHP Modules:   openssl   PHP Modules:   curl   PHP Modules:   gd   PHP Modules:   session   MySQL:   5.6.35-log   GD Library(w/freetype support):   bundled (2.1.0 compatible)   GD Library Freetype:   MailServer:   X Cron:   X Final Determination:   System Failed Minimum Requirements

This is what i got

Graphkat
Graphkat Jan 8 '17
I use Fast Comet

Graphkat
Graphkat Jan 8 '17
I have cron running, i get updates and noticications of oxwall updates and plugin updates, its running a cron job....my mail server is run thru a different provider. Im using php 5.6, was even set on php 7.0, but changed thinking maybe that could be a problem with the plugins.
Graphkat
Graphkat Jan 8 '17
They setup Oxwall for me my support with my provider, and I am on shared hosting, planning on building my own server eventually.
Graphkat
Graphkat Jan 8 '17
this is my php config:

Subsection
Directive Info Value Language Options asp_tags Allow ASP-style <% %> tags. Off File Uploads file_uploads Whether to allow HTTP file uploads. On Paths and Directories include_path Windows: "\path1;\path2" c:\php\includes" .:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php Resource Limits max_execution_time Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds 300 Resource Limits max_input_time Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data 600 Resource Limits memory_limit Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (32MB) 256M Data Handling register_globals You should do your best to write your scripts so that they do not require register_globals to be on; Using form variables as globals can easily lead to possible security problems, if the code is not very well thought of. Off Language Options safe_mode
Off File Uploads upload_max_filesize Maximum allowed size for uploaded files. 2M main session.save_path Argument passed to save_handler. In the case of files, this is the path where data files are stored. Note: Windows users have to change this variable in order to use PHP's session functions. As of PHP 4.0.1, you can define the path as: session.save_path = "N;/path" where N is an integer. Instead of storing all the session files in /path, what this will do is use subdirectories N-levels deep, and store the session data in those directories. This is useful if you or your OS have problems with lots of files in one directory, and is a more efficient layout for servers that handle lots of sessions. NOTE 1: PHP will not create this directory structure automatically. You can use the script in the ext/session dir for that purpose. NOTE 2: See the section on garbage collection below if you choose to use subdirectories for session storage

Graphkat
Graphkat Jan 8 '17
This is my Current Php setup in my cpanel in attachment
Attachments:
  Screenshot_6.png (25Kb)
Graphkat
Graphkat Jan 8 '17
...and I do have cron setup here are the few jobs running.......i setup up a subdomain with oxwall and its running fine, i set it up so i can play there instead of mess up my real site.

cron pic in attachment
Attachments:
  Screenshot_7.png (7Kb)
dave Leader
dave Jan 8 '17
I dont think you should be running 7.0 just yet, wait for the team to announce that its been tested and approved. 

The things with the red does not mean your necessarily missing them, its that shell exec has been disabled and some of those values the only way to check is via shell exec or manually in the server config.  So im not so worried about those, just make sure that your server meets the requirements that chris posted. 

Graphkat
Graphkat Jan 8 '17
Yes, Fast comet makes sure that Oxwall runs on their server, from what they claim anyways...so I set the PHP back to 5.6 and this is what it show me in the config...(see attach)
Attachments:
  Screenshot_9.png (52Kb)
dave Leader
dave Jan 8 '17
dont go by the config, always check your php using phpinfo function..  Hosts use something like a emulator to set your php value from the cpanel and WHM.  You could actually be set to a older version of PHP but still show that in cpanel. 

So here is what you do, you know how to create a file now in file manager or you can just add it to the config file, so just follow this guide, then let us know what your real php version is. 

be sure you read it over first so you can decide which way you want to do it. 

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/47677

Graphkat
Graphkat Jan 8 '17
WOW, now that was interesting, ok got a really cool list of information on the PHP configuration, saved it and printed it!
Pages: 1 2 3 »