We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

I don't know nothing again about oxwall release 1.8.5 | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Paul
Paul Aug 28 '17
OxWall works with php7 ;)
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Aug 28 '17
My issue is the limited mobile version features of oxwall ....e.g:

1. Events
2. Video playback
3. Groups

These are of the features that oxwall should have invested more time on among other things. Mobile is huge these days

Missing on oxwall core which is a must...

1. Native Video Upload

The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi Aug 28 '17
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 29 '17
I did promise give a update on the servload issue i did have :

much better now, i was create a bigger cpu and ram gap to my cpu limits and ram limits.

I think oxwall core needs a big cpu gap and ram gap to handle cpu and ram spikes.

and yes oxwall supports php7 i run it on two sites with never any issues at all

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 29 '17
Scam Detector
Scam Detector Aug 29 '17

There is this plugin for native video upload, I haven't bought it but it does have good reviews, maybe I will buy it later in near future.

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1283

The problem with the huge load I have seen in my website is when I have the chat enabled, if I disable the chat plugin all my website runs smoothly and loads in less than 1 second with a lot of members at the same time.

The Forum post is edited by Scam Detector Aug 29 '17
Paul
Paul Sep 8 '17
OxWall "basically" works with php7, just your installation is not running with php7 ;)

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Sep 8 '17
oxwall work with php7, i have no issues at all. maybe some plugins not support php7 but all my plugins + oxwall core and my themes support php7.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 1 '17
Here are official

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/41415

Oxwall is working good with php7 ;-)

sender
sender Nov 1 '17
Dear Oxwall developers,

thank you for great open source! On my site, PHP 7 works fine!

I am not have any special plugins. Just core and important plugins like as photo, video, groups, events.

I suggest not to label these as plugins but as modules.

I really like the simplicity of Oxwall. This is the future!

I have to appreciate the wonderful design and the great UX for the "simplicity" template.

For the next version 1.8.5., I hope to optimize directories for the photo plugin (modul). So it does not happen that there are thousands of files in one folder.
This is important for the stability of further development!
Keep it up! Oxwall forever!

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 7 '17
Tomas you funny .-)  it is works fine, if you know what to change that i already explained in the other topic https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/41415

i did not need change anything because i already did have oxwall core installed and i use apache/nginx on my server .

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Nov 7 '17
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 8 '17
no need change file if you already installed oxwall. only if you do a clean install you need change a text line thats it! a baby can do it!. no i have a basic oxwall core installation. 

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Nov 8 '17
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 8 '17
Tomas Zmek

Oxwall officially does not support PHP7, however oxwall working on it. 
Significant amount of users using PHP7. 
There are several points to consider ( both server and software related). They are addressed bellow.

1. Software side: installation of 10800 version on PHP7 
    ( assuming you are on Apache or nginx with correct configurations). 
    This matter will be fixed in future release, when oxwall start officially supporting php7.

Before installation following file must be corrected: ow_install/requirements.txt
Line: PDO, mbstring, zip, zlib, ftp, json, dom, gd, mysql;
What to do: remove "mysql". 
Corrected line: PDO, mbstring, zip, zlib, ftp, json, dom, gd;

1. Software side: Error handling. 
    Typical error message: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to OW_ErrorManager::exceptionHandler() must be an instance of Exception
    File to edit: ow_core/error_manager.php
    Line to remove: public function exceptionHandler( Exception $e )
    Line to add instead of removed one: public function exceptionHandler( $e ) 
    10800 version of SkaDate requires some

2. Server side ( applicable to servers based on nginx ONLY). 
    As with installation on any PHP version, you must have correct nginx configuration file. Most of the issues on nginx come from misconfigured sites-enabled/sites-available configuration file regardless of PHP version. 
    Known issue: incorrect fastcgi_pass path in nginx conf. file. 
    Example of correct rule: 
    location /index.php {

include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
    fastcgi_read_timeout 300;
    fastcgi_pass unix:/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock;
    include /etc/nginx/snippets/fastcgi-php.conf;
    }

nginx configuration file is a very individual matter for each server, so oxwall can not provide universal rules. 
Each case must be considered separately. 
If you face any issues using oxwall on php7+ NGINX, please let me know.

Alan
Alan Jan 4 '18
So any way for all those complaining, it's a FREE thing! So please stop already. You will get your updates etc when the team are good and ready.
Tecca
Tecca Jan 4 '18

Quote from Alan So any way for all those complaining, it's a FREE thing! So please stop already. You will get your updates etc when the team are good and ready.

That's one way to see it, although that also chases away potential 3rd-party developers (which are part of the lifeline of any open-source software). If Oxwall doesn't update its software, and is even unwilling to allow others to update the software, then it becomes stale in comparison to evolving technology. Without forward movement, 3rd party devs leave for greener pastures.

This makes Oxwall lose money, makes current devs lose money, and leaves customers with redundant software. And their sites lose money.

While the software is free, we shouldn't get it twisted; people make money using software and building websites — no matter which aspect an individual is directly involved in.

It has now been about a year and a half since the last minor update was released. Things are still going downhill. They aren't even willing to remove spam from this forum at this point.
falancas
falancas Jan 15 '18
Your friend is very joking, so your Oxwall kernel does not have any major problems!

If you examine the forum, you will see how many bugs it is. You do not have so many problems on any other platform. It's a hell.
Pages: « 1 2